Re: Fwd: SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

  • virender jain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2006
      Hi Dillep,

      Yes, I checked it and got some idea, problem was with the SQLSERVER Services which were runnign under one lan login, which was droped from active directory, now service owner is changed to some other lan loging, every thing is now working fine.

      dileep kumar <kr_dileep@...> wrote:
      Had you gone through following support from MS:
      http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834124

      See Error message 3

      Rgds,
      Dileep

      virender jain <virender_jain77@...> wrote:
      Please look in this matter, its very urgent.

      Note: forwarded message attached.
      http://mail.yahoo.com Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:51:30 -0700 (PDT)
      From: virender jain <virender_jain77@...>
      Subject: SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).
      To: SQL Group <sqlcon@yahoogroups.com>
      CC: Veer Ji Wangoo <veerw@...>

      Actually I have a Job which is copying backup from Primary Server to Secondary Server, but now its failing with following error.

      SQL Server 2000.

      The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner
      (DomainName\UserAccount) of job MyJobName has server access (reason:
      Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user '
      DomainName\UserAccount'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

      Thanks in advance.

      Thanks & regards
      Virender Jain
      S.E. SQL DBA