Re: [mugh-sqlcon] Teched 2006 :: Things to Watch For from ::: SQL IT perspective

  • Arindam B
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2006
      Well, thanks for the mail, Veer.
      The things are well missed. I have attended sessions of Tech-Ed 2005, when
      releases were in Beta. I had a session of SQL high availablility. It was
      good and descriptive.
      I have attended Mandar's session also, and did not find it very useful or
      informative. Anyway, I will be attending this Tech Ed also and hoping to
      meet some of the mailer at there:)

      On 5/31/06, Veer Ji Wangoo <veerw@...> wrote:

      > I was studying what all we have in Teched 2006 for SQL people and here
      > are my raw thoughts about it
      >

      > Teched 2006 :: Things to Watch For from ::: SQL IT perspective
      > <http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/archive/2006/05/31/80233.aspx>
      >

      > http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/
      >

      > The feedback of many DBAs {in fact my personal observation } that I got
      > is that High Availability and Mirroring is missing in SQL Sessions?
      >
      > Is there any scope to add the same in TBD s ????
      >

      > DISCLAIMER:

      > this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
      > the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
      > modification, distribution and / or publication of
      > this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
      > e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
      > immediately. Before opening any mail and

      > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
      > http://www.mugh.net
      > http://www.mugh.net/sql
      >
      > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Arindam
      MCP | MCAD.NET

    • Veer Ji Wangoo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        Hope that they are covered in TBD :) list goes long but we need to
        understand that DPEs and many MVPS are trying their level best to
        accommodate all requests...

        Rest this as usual Teched is very informative as far as my experience
        goes but we need to be choosy in tracks and sessions depending on our
        interest...else we might land up at wrong session sometime...

        Cheers to TechEd 2006

        The things are well missed. I have attended sessions of Tech-Ed 2005,
        when
        releases were in Beta. I had a session of SQL high availablility. It was
        good and descriptive.
        I have attended Mandar's session also, and did not find it very useful
        or
        informative. Anyway, I will be attending this Tech Ed also and hoping to
        meet some of the mailer at there:)

        On 5/31/06, Veer Ji Wangoo <veerw@...> wrote:

        > I was studying what all we have in Teched 2006 for SQL people and here
        > are my raw thoughts about it
        >

        > Teched 2006 :: Things to Watch For from ::: SQL IT perspective
        > <http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/archive/2006/05/31/80233.aspx>
        >

        > http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/
        >

        > The feedback of many DBAs {in fact my personal observation } that I
        got
        > is that High Availability and Mirroring is missing in SQL Sessions?
        >
        > Is there any scope to add the same in TBD s ????
        >

        > DISCLAIMER:

        > this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
        reflect
        > the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
        > modification, distribution and / or publication of
        > this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
        > e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
        > immediately. Before opening any mail and

        > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
        > http://www.mugh.net
        > http://www.mugh.net/sql
        >
        > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Arindam
        MCP | MCAD.NET

        Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology.
        It's free.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/m7folB/TM

        DISCLAIMER:
      • indu teja
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2006
          Hi Veer,
          I have prepared a good document on Mirroring, while i was doing research on that Topic. It covers everything about MIrroring in detail, I have the snaphots as well. Would like to share with you all.

          Can you please let me know what is TBD? So that i can post my document over there.

          Is there any technical paper presentation competitions now a days?

          Thanks,
          Indu Teja

          Veer Ji Wangoo <veerw@...> wrote:

          I was studying what all we have in Teched 2006 for SQL people and here
          are my raw thoughts about it

          Teched 2006 :: Things to Watch For from ::: SQL IT perspective
          <http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/archive/2006/05/31/80233.aspx>

          http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/

          The feedback of many DBAs {in fact my personal observation } that I got
          is that High Availability and Mirroring is missing in SQL Sessions?

          Is there any scope to add the same in TBD s ????

          DISCLAIMER:

          Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

          C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

          ---------------------------------

          Stay connected with your friends even when away from PC. Link: http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/messenger/

        • Veer Ji Wangoo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2006
            Excellent ... good show....

            We will soon be conducting the next round of white paper submission...in
            the mean time if you wish we can post your article on SQLINDIA website
            please let me know about it and we will create your Author profile at
            SQLINDIA...

            Let the evangelism stay alive in us..

            Cheers

            ________________________________

            http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/ <http://geekswithblogs.net/veerji/>

            The feedback of many DBAs {in fact my personal observation } that I got
            is that High Availability and Mirroring is missing in SQL Sessions?

            Is there any scope to add the same in TBD s ????

            DISCLAIMER:
            intended for the named recipient(s) only.
            It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
            this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
            reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
            Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
            modification, distribution and / or publication of
            this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
            e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
            immediately. Before opening any mail and

            SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
            http://www.mugh.net <http://www.mugh.net>
            http://www.mugh.net/sql <http://www.mugh.net/sql>

            Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug <http://www.mugh.net/dnug> to join .NET
            User Group.