Re: QUESTION30062004

  • lakshmi_murthy16
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi Veer,

      I think the answer is option 2:sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename}

      Note You must switch to the appropriate directory (for the instance
      of Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 you want to start) in the command
      window before starting sqlservr.exe. For example, if Instance1 uses
      \mssql$Instance1 to store its binaries, you must be in the
      \mssql$Instance1\binn directory to start sqlservr.exe.

      I am participating in SQLCON for the first time,and its interesting!

      Regards
      Lakshmi

      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Veer Ji Wangoo <veerw@h...> wrote:
      > How do you start a named instance of SQL Server from the command
      prompt?

      > 1. sqlservr.exe {instancename}
      >

      > 2. sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename}
      >

      > 3. sqlservr.exe -n {instancename}
      >

      > 4. sqlservr.exe -c -start:{instancename}

      ---------
      > ----- ----------------------------------------
      > ANSWER TO QUESTION28062004
      > Replication: Can all servers in a merge setup have the same
      priority?

      > 1. Yes
      >
      > 2. No
      >
      > 3. The publisher and subscriber cannot, but more than one
      subscriber
      > can.
      >
      > 4. The publisher can be the same as one subscriber, but all
      subscribers
      > must be different

      ---------

      > ANSWER :- 3
      >
      > Correct Answer provided by
      >
      > Ramesh Kondaparthy (Satyam Computer Services) [v-rkonda@m...]
      > VISHNAT [VISHNAT001@H...]
      >
      > syam kiran [syamkiran_d@m...]
      >
      > Anand Vijayaragavan (Tata Consultancy Services) [v-avijay@microsof
      t.com]

      > EXPLAINATION :-
      >
      > The publisher and subscriber cannot have the same priority.
      However, if
      > there are two subscriptions (for example, S1 and S2) that have the
      same
      > priority, the first subscription that propagates changes to the
      Publisher
      > wins. For example, if S1 and S2 make changes simultaneously, the
      first one
      > to merge changes with the Publisher wins. The same rule applies to
      local
      > subscriptions, which essentially have a priority of 0 (the first
      one to the
      > hub wins).
      >

      > ADDON
      >

      > <http://www.sqlservercentral.com/images/banners/adimage
      (small).jpg>

      > <http://www.logpi.com/> The New Microsoft® SQL Server(tm)
      Transaction Log
      > Management Tool
      >
      > *
      > Auditing - Provides an audit trail of business processes. Who
      changed what
      > and when and how did they do so?
      >
      > *
      > Data Recovery - Recover from accidental or malicious damage to data
      > (including truncated or dropped tables)·
      >
      > *
      > Performance - Performance history gathering of server, database
      and logging
      > sub system
      >
      > Log P.I. (tm) reads the native SQL Server transaction log which
      contains all
      > changes made (in a production environment) both to the data as
      well as the
      > underlying schema (security, table columns, table relationships
      etc.)

      > Log P.I. (tm) has been specifically developed for Microsoft® SQL
      Server 2000