RE: [mugh-sqlcon] QUESTION30062004

  • Ramesh Kondaparthy (Satyam Computer Serv
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2004

      2 sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename}

      From: Veer Ji Wangoo [mailto:veerw@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 04:34 PM
      To: sqlcon@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [mugh-sqlcon] QUESTION30062004

      How do you start a named instance of SQL Server from the command prompt?

      1. sqlservr.exe {instancename}
      2. sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename}
      3. sqlservr.exe -n {instancename}
      4. sqlservr.exe -c -start:{instancename}

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

      ANSWER TO QUESTION28062004

      Replication: Can all servers in a merge setup have the same priority?

      1. Yes
      2. No
      3. The publisher and subscriber cannot, but more than one subscriber can.
      4. The publisher can be the same as one subscriber, but all subscribers must be different

       ANSWER  :- 3

      Correct Answer provided by

      Ramesh Kondaparthy (Satyam Computer Services) [v-rkonda@...]
      VISHNAT [VISHNAT001@...]

      syam kiran [syamkiran_d@...]

      Anand Vijayaragavan (Tata Consultancy Services) [v-avijay@microsof t.com]

      EXPLAINATION :-

      The publisher and subscriber cannot have the same priority. However, if there are two subscriptions (for example, S1 and S2) that have the same priority, the first subscription that propagates changes to the Publisher wins. For example, if S1 and S2 make changes simultaneously, the first one to merge changes with the Publisher wins. The same rule applies to local subscriptions, which essentially have a priority of 0 (the first one to the hub wins).

      ADDON

      The New Microsoft® SQL Server(tm) Transaction Log Management Tool

      ·                                 Auditing - Provides an audit trail of business processes. Who changed what and when and how did they do so?

      ·                                 Data Recovery - Recover from accidental or malicious damage to data (including truncated or dropped tables)·

      ·                                 Performance - Performance history gathering of server, database and logging sub system

      Log P.I. (tm) reads the native SQL Server transaction log which contains all changes made (in a production environment) both to the data as well as the underlying schema (security, table columns, table relationships etc.)

      Log P.I. (tm) has been specifically developed for Microsoft® SQL Server 2000 and runs on version 7.x too!

      Download a free full evaluation copy now!

    • lakshmi_murthy16
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
        Hi Veer,

        I think the answer is option 2:sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename}

        Note You must switch to the appropriate directory (for the instance
        of Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 you want to start) in the command
        window before starting sqlservr.exe. For example, if Instance1 uses
        \mssql$Instance1 to store its binaries, you must be in the
        \mssql$Instance1\binn directory to start sqlservr.exe.

        I am participating in SQLCON for the first time,and its interesting!

        Regards
        Lakshmi

        --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Veer Ji Wangoo <veerw@h...> wrote:
        > How do you start a named instance of SQL Server from the command
        prompt?

        > 1. sqlservr.exe {instancename}
        >

        > 2. sqlservr.exe -c -s {instancename}
        >

        > 3. sqlservr.exe -n {instancename}
        >

        > 4. sqlservr.exe -c -start:{instancename}

        ---------
        > ----- ----------------------------------------
        > ANSWER TO QUESTION28062004
        > Replication: Can all servers in a merge setup have the same
        priority?

        > 1. Yes
        >
        > 2. No
        >
        > 3. The publisher and subscriber cannot, but more than one
        subscriber
        > can.
        >
        > 4. The publisher can be the same as one subscriber, but all
        subscribers
        > must be different

        ---------

        > ANSWER :- 3
        >
        > Correct Answer provided by
        >
        > Ramesh Kondaparthy (Satyam Computer Services) [v-rkonda@m...]
        > VISHNAT [VISHNAT001@H...]
        >
        > syam kiran [syamkiran_d@m...]
        >
        > Anand Vijayaragavan (Tata Consultancy Services) [v-avijay@microsof
        t.com]

        > EXPLAINATION :-
        >
        > The publisher and subscriber cannot have the same priority.
        However, if
        > there are two subscriptions (for example, S1 and S2) that have the
        same
        > priority, the first subscription that propagates changes to the
        Publisher
        > wins. For example, if S1 and S2 make changes simultaneously, the
        first one
        > to merge changes with the Publisher wins. The same rule applies to
        local
        > subscriptions, which essentially have a priority of 0 (the first
        one to the
        > hub wins).
        >

        > ADDON
        >

        > <http://www.sqlservercentral.com/images/banners/adimage