Temporary Tables

  • sridharanju
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
      Everytime the sql server is started tempdb will be recreated.
      If you want any database object to be avalaible always in the tempdb
      you can create the object in model database since model database will
      be used as template for any new database including tempdb.
      The only problem with this approach is the object will be created in
      all the new databases.

      Any questions, Please let me know.
    • prashanth pogu
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
         Hi all..

                 i m having a problem in understanding select query

                select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB where 1>2

         i'm unable to understand the condition in where stmt....

        can any one help me...

         Prashanth

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • kishore

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                     Thanks Kishore..

                            in that stored procedure they are creating that temporary table and after complition of all operation they are droping that table...
                               but that condition in that where class seemed to be userful... by using this query only they are retrieving the values from database..

             Help me..

             Regards.

            Prashanth

            kishore <kvkishore79@...> wrote:
            Dear Prashant,

            I think this query is used to create a temp table same as table empdetails without any data.

            Regards,
            Kishore.

            prashanth pogu <prashanth_pogu@...> wrote:
             Hi all..

                     i m having a problem in understanding select query

                    select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB where 1>2

             i'm unable to understand the condition in where stmt....

            can any one help me...

             Prashanth

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Preethiviraj Kulasingham
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
              Hi Prashath,
              A small mistake in the query:It should be like this
              SELECT em, empname INTO #TempTable FROM empdetails WHERE 1>2
              (case is not the emphsis.. INTO part should come before FROM)

              Where clause is used to filter the rows returned.  In your case, the conditon is always false.  that means no records are returned.  However an empty result is returned.  It is often used to identify the structure (name of the columns and data type) of the table.

              If you run this in query analyser the name of the columns could be captured without going through the entire table. If you use ADO in programming you can capture other properties (e.g datatypes ) too!

              prashanth pogu <prashanth_pogu@...> wrote:
               Hi all..

                       i m having a problem in understanding select query

                      select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB where 1>2

               i'm unable to understand the condition in where stmt....

              can any one help me...

               Prashanth

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Best Regards,
              G.R. Preethiviraj Kulasingham
              Database Administrator

            • Chandra Sekhar
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                Hi Prashanth
                The query select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB  creates a temporary table #tempTB with 2 columns em and empname.

                If u require the temp table with data from the empdetails table, then u need to create it as:
                select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB
                if u append a where clause, where 1>2, this mean that the condition is false and no rows are returned.
                meaning, a table is created without any data.

                frequently used query is:
                select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB where 1=-1

                please let me know if u have any questions.

                thanks and regards
                Chandra

                prashanth pogu <prashanth_pogu@...> wrote:
                 Hi all..

                         i m having a problem in understanding select query

                        select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB where 1>2

                 i'm unable to understand the condition in where stmt....

                can any one help me...

                 Prashanth

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Biswajit Nanda
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Hi anybody has worked in SQL Server 2005 reporting services. Basically from the reportserver link i am not able to upload a file. Can anybody tell me what may be the cause.

                  To give you more details about the problem,  when i am giving the path of the .rdl file and then press OK button, nothing is happening.

                  Urgent help is thanksworthy.

                  Regards
                  Biswajit

                  Win a Yahoo! Vespa NEW - Yahoo! Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now!
                • Santhosh
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 2, 2005
                    try to upload using the reporting services development
                    studio. See that you are the part of the site
                    administrator or content manager group.

                    with smiles
                    santhosh

                    --- Biswajit Nanda <telljeet@...> wrote:

                    > Hi anybody has worked in SQL Server 2005 reporting
                    > services. Basically from the reportserver link i am
                    > not able to upload a file. Can anybody tell me what
                    > may be the cause.
                    >
                    > To give you more details about the problem, when
                    > i am giving the path of the .rdl file and then press
                    > OK button, nothing is happening.
                    >
                    > Urgent help is thanksworthy.
                    >
                    > Regards
                    > Biswajit
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Win a Yahoo! Vespa NEW - Yahoo! Cars has 3 Vespa
                    > LX125s to be won Enter Now!

                    __________________________________
                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • SQL Pandit
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 3, 2005
                      Mr Chandra,

                      Before giving expert advice, it is better that you test the crap you post.

                      >frequently used query is:
                      >select em,empname from empdetails into #TempTB where 1=-1

                      Will throw an error.

                      SQL Pundit
                      Of all the pleasures in life, I like nitpicking the best.

                      Chandra Sekhar <acshakey@...> wrote:
[...]

                      Yahoo! Personals

                      Yahoo! Personals

                    • aravind
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 5, 2006
                        Hi freinds,

                        I need help from u guys in saving the image path in
                        database using sql server and .net.

                        I have an interface which has a browse button and a
                        save button.Using browse one can select the path of an
                        image and using save button it has to be saved into
                        database.

                        Thanks in advance

                        Regards
                        Suman

                        Regards
                        Aravind

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • smart chip
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 6, 2006
                          Hi Best Friend,

                          You have To store the Path of the image just like this 'D:\Images\image001.jpg' ?
                          Or
                          you want to store the exact image in SQL server?

                          If it is just path it is very simple.

                          But it is to store the image you have to use image data type. And read the bits from the image file through .net and send the stream to SQL server becuase you can't store direct image in image data type. For infomration about wrting and updating Image columns see WRITETEXT and UPDATETEXT statements in Books Online.

                          Regards,
                          K. Kalyan

                          aravind <gotobestfriend@...> wrote:

                          Hi freinds,

                          I need help from u guys in saving the image path in
                          database using sql server and .net.

                          I have an interface which has a browse button and a
                          save button.Using browse one can select the path of an
                          image and using save button it has to be saved into
                          database.

                          Thanks in advance

                          Regards
                          Suman

                          Regards
                          Aravind

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                          Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

                          C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language