Re: [mugh-sqlcon] SPID and Blocked ID are same what it means ?

  • manish singhal
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 9, 2005
      Interesting !

      bhavesh prajapati <bhavesh2984groups@...> wrote:
      I have following out put when executing a query on sysprocesses

      BLOCKEDSPIDStatus
      258258sleeping
      158276sleeping
      281281sleeping
      284284sleeping

      above the SPID and BLOCKED process have the same process ID blocking means a process is blocked by its own process.

      Can any one say why this happened and what is the recommanded solution ?

      Regards,
      Bhavesh
      An SQL Fan

      "Quality is never an accident... it is always the result of intelligent effort."

      Manish Singhal
      Senior System Analyst
      HCL Comnet , NOIDA
      9810192406 (M)
      91-120-2445965-70 EXT 6218
      manishsi@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • veer
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 9, 2005
        Hey,

        I hope you have installed the SP4 on your SQL 2000, If so Welcome to
        this problem....as I am also troubleshooting it some days back...

        Is it so ??? or you are still on SP3A... and facing this problem ????

        Please clarify before we begin on this...

        Regards
        Veeru

        --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, manish singhal <manish_hce@y...> wrote:
        > Interesting !
        >

        > bhavesh prajapati <bhavesh2984groups@y...> wrote:
        > I have following out put when executing a query on sysprocesses
        >
        > BLOCKEDSPIDStatus258258sleeping
        158276sleeping
        281281sleeping
        284284sleeping

        > above the SPID and BLOCKED process have the same process ID
        blocking means a process is blocked by its own process.

        > Can any one say why this happened and what is the recommanded
        solution ?

        > Regards,
        > Bhavesh
        > An SQL Fan
        >
        > "Quality is never an accident... it is always the result of
        intelligent effort."

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now.
        >
        > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
        http://www.mugh.net
        > http://www.mugh.net/sql
        >
        > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

        > C programming language Computer programming languages Java
        programming language The c programming language C programming
        language Concept of programming language

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > Manish Singhal
        > Senior System Analyst
        > HCL Comnet , NOIDA
        > 9810192406 (M)
        > 91-120-2445965-70 EXT 6218
        > manishsi@h...

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • kumanan archunan
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 9, 2005
          Hi

                 The status sleeping is that once user opened a session but they did not close that just keeping ideal then it shows status sleeping.

          Regards
          Kumans

        • bhavesh prajapati
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 12, 2005
            Hi Veer,

            Yes , you are right.

            We have a Fail over clustring set up with two nodes.

            we have installed SP4 recently - and then after we are getting this problem.
            Can you please explain or give some links - why this is happening ?

          • Ranjan Bhattacharjee
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 12, 2005
              Hi All,

              This is not do anything how SQL server handles
              the Latches and Locks but in SP4 additional
              Diagnostics are added to report this in sysprocesses.
              Please go through this for additional clarity.

              The blocked column in the sysprocesses table is
              populated for latch waits after you install SQL Server
              2000 SP4 --
              http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;906344

              Thanks
              Ranjan

              wrote:

> [...]
              > > manishsi@h...

              > protection around
              > > http://mail.yahoo.com
              >

              > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the
              > aegis of MUGH - http://www.mugh.net
              > http://www.mugh.net/sql
              >
              > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User
              > Group.

              > C programming language Computer programming
              > languages Java programming language The c
              > programming language C programming language Concept
              > of programming language

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > Regards,
              > Bhavesh
              > An SQL Fan
              >
              > "Quality is never an accident... it is always the
              > result of intelligent effort."
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now.

              Yahoo! for Good
            • RAJAN SHARMA
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 12, 2005

                Dear all,

                I have a query. WE r creating histiry table based on the updation taking place in the data. For this we r using one insert statement thru which we insert the data that is updated and also the session ID and the user name which we store in the session in to the database along with the date and time.

                Now i want to use the trigger in which i am facing the problem of passing the session variable to the trigger. Do we have any way we can pass parameter to trigger.

                Rgds

                Rajan

                Rajan Sharma
                Email: rajans22in@...

              • RAJAN SHARMA
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 12, 2005

                  i have an integer field in a table which has some values between 1 and 1000. i wan to use one query throught we can find out he values which are missing in the column between 1 an 1000.

                  Rgds

                  Rajan

                  Rajan Sharma
                  Email: rajans22in@...

                • Shinoj Ramanathan
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 13, 2005
                    Rajan,

                    There could be an alternate solution using "Instead
                    Of" triggers. Pls try.

                    Regards,
                    Shinoj R

                    --- RAJAN SHARMA <rajans22in@...> wrote:

                    > Dear all,
                    >
                    > I have a query. WE r creating histiry table based on
                    > the updation taking place in the data. For this we r
                    > using one insert statement thru which we insert the
                    > data that is updated and also the session ID and the
                    > user name which we store in the session in to the
                    > database along with the date and time.
                    >
                    > Now i want to use the trigger in which i am facing
                    > the problem of passing the session variable to the
                    > trigger. Do we have any way we can pass parameter to
                    > trigger.
                    >

                    > Rgds
                    >
                    > Rajan
                    >

                    > Rajan Sharma
                    > Email: rajans22in@...
                    > http://in.messenger.yahoo.com

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • rajans22in
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 14, 2005
                      i had thought of instead of trigger. but even then problem is how do
                      i know which user has updated the data as there can be many number
                      of users logged on at same point of time even if i am storing the
                      number of user logged in another table.

                      Rgds
                      Rajan

                      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Shinoj Ramanathan <shinoj_r@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > Rajan,
                      >
                      > There could be an alternate solution using "Instead
                      > Of" triggers. Pls try.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Shinoj R
                      >
                      > --- RAJAN SHARMA <rajans22in@y...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > Dear all,
                      > >
                      > > I have a query. WE r creating histiry table based on
                      > > the updation taking place in the data. For this we r
                      > > using one insert statement thru which we insert the
                      > > data that is updated and also the session ID and the
                      > > user name which we store in the session in to the
                      > > database along with the date and time.
                      > >
                      > > Now i want to use the trigger in which i am facing
                      > > the problem of passing the session variable to the
                      > > trigger. Do we have any way we can pass parameter to
                      > > trigger.
                      > >

                      > > Rgds
                      > >
                      > > Rajan
                      > >

                      > > Rajan Sharma
                      > > Email: rajans22in@y...
                      > > http://in.messenger.yahoo.com

                      > http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • VISHNAT
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 15, 2005
                        I generally use the host_name() or
                        SELECT nt_username, hostname, program_name
                        FROM master..sysprocesses
                        WHERE spid = @@spid

                        in the trigger for my audit trails.

                        thanks
                        Viswanath
                        --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "rajans22in" <rajans22in@y...> wrote:
                        > i had thought of instead of trigger. but even then problem is how
                        do
                        > i know which user has updated the data as there can be many number
                        > of users logged on at same point of time even if i am storing the
                        > number of user logged in another table.
                        >
                        > Rgds
                        > Rajan
                        >
                        > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Shinoj Ramanathan <shinoj_r@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > > Rajan,
                        > >
                        > > There could be an alternate solution using "Instead
                        > > Of" triggers. Pls try.
                        > >
                        > > Regards,
                        > > Shinoj R
                        > >
                        > > --- RAJAN SHARMA <rajans22in@y...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > Dear all,
                        > > >
                        > > > I have a query. WE r creating histiry table based on
                        > > > the updation taking place in the data. For this we r
                        > > > using one insert statement thru which we insert the
                        > > > data that is updated and also the session ID and the
                        > > > user name which we store in the session in to the
                        > > > database along with the date and time.
                        > > >
                        > > > Now i want to use the trigger in which i am facing
                        > > > the problem of passing the session variable to the
                        > > > trigger. Do we have any way we can pass parameter to
                        > > > trigger.
                        > > >

                        > > > Rgds
                        > > >
                        > > > Rajan
                        > > >

                        > > > Rajan Sharma
                        > > > Email: rajans22in@y...
                        > > > Send instant messages to your online friends
                        > > > http://in.messenger.yahoo.com

                        > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • rajans22in
                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 15, 2005
                          --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "VISHNAT" <VISHNAT@G...> wrote:

                          thanx for the reply and the info u gave.Tell me one thing will u be
                          able to know what operation has this specific process performed in
                          database.

                        • Meiyalagan.B
                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 15, 2005
                            SELECT @handle = sql_handle FROM master..sysprocesses WHERE spid = @@SPID
                            SET @QRY = (SELECT CONVERT(nvarchar(4000), [text]) FROM ::fn_get_sql(@handle))
                            (::fn_get_sql() is an undocumented one )

                            hope that helps

                            -mei

                                                                                                        Meiyalagan

                            Yahoo! for Good

                          • Viswanath Subramanian
                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 15, 2005
                              use the trigger (inserted,deleted) table to find the operation i guess u could also use the functions columns_updated and updated() function or can also go with seperate trigger for  insert trigger,update trigger and delete trigger

                              BTW BOL explains more about the functions .If stuck let me know

                              thanks
                              Viswanath

                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/m7folB/TM

                                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • rajans22in
                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 16, 2005
                                thats fine.but how do i capture the session variable in to trigger.

                                --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Viswanath Subramanian <VISHNAT@G...>

                              • Santhosh
                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 16, 2005
                                  hi rajan,
                                  may be you can insert the value in a table or a global
                                  temporary table and fetch the value inside the
                                  trigger.

                                  with smiles
                                  santhosh
                                  readme@...

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • rajans22in
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 19, 2005
                                    how will it help. please tell.

                                    --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "Meiyalagan.B" <softalagan@y...>
                                    wrote:

                                    SELECT @handle = sql_handle FROM master..sysprocesses WHERE spid =
                                    @@SPID
                                    > SET @QRY = (SELECT CONVERT(nvarchar(4000), [text])
                                    FROM ::fn_get_sql(@handle))
                                    > (::fn_get_sql() is an undocumented one )
                                    >
                                    > hope that helps
                                    >
                                    > -mei
                                    >

                                    > rajans22in <rajans22in@y...> wrote:
                                    > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "VISHNAT" <VISHNAT@G...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > thanx for the reply and the info u gave.Tell me one thing will u
                                    be
                                    > able to know what operation has this specific process performed
                                    in
                                    > database.
                                    >
                                    > > I generally use the host_name() or
                                    > > SELECT nt_username, hostname, program_name
                                    > > FROM master..sysprocesses
                                    > > WHERE spid = @@spid
                                    > >
                                    > > in the trigger for my audit trails.
                                    > >
                                    > > thanks
                                    > > Viswanath
                                    > > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "rajans22in" <rajans22in@y...>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > > > i had thought of instead of trigger. but even then problem is
                                    > how
                                    > > do
                                    > > > i know which user has updated the data as there can be many
                                    > number
                                    > > > of users logged on at same point of time even if i am storing
                                    > the
                                    > > > number of user logged in another table.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Rgds
                                    > > > Rajan
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Shinoj Ramanathan
                                    <shinoj_r@y...>

                                    > around
                                    >

                                    > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
                                    http://www.mugh.net
                                    > http://www.mugh.net/sql
                                    >
                                    > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

                                    > C programming language Computer programming languages Java
                                    programming language The c programming language C programming
                                    language Concept of programming language

                                    Service.

                                    > ---------------------------------
                                    >

                                    > " God cannot be presented everywhere, so he created mothers "

                                    Meiyalagan

                                    > ---------------------------------
                                    > Yahoo! for Good
                                  • Madhu K Nair
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Sep 21, 2005
                                      Hi rajan,

                                      if you want to store which user is done the transaction the
                                      Current_user function will solve your problem. Inside the trigger
                                      call this function.

                                      Madhu K nair

                                    • Madhu K Nair
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 21, 2005
                                        Hi Rajan

                                        You can simply call the current_user function inside your trigger and
                                        you can get who is the user of that session.

                                        Madhu K Nair

                                        --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, RAJAN SHARMA <rajans22in@y...> wrote:

                                        > Dear all,
                                        >
                                        > I have a query. WE r creating histiry table based on the updation
                                        taking place in the data. For this we r using one insert statement
                                        thru which we insert the data that is updated and also the session ID
                                        and the user name which we store in the session in to the database
                                        along with the date and time.

                                        > Now i want to use the trigger in which i am facing the problem of
                                        passing the session variable to the trigger. Do we have any way we
                                        can pass parameter to trigger.

                                        > Rgds
                                        >
                                        > Rajan
                                        >

                                        > Rajan Sharma
                                        > Email: rajans22in@y...
                                        http://in.messenger.yahoo.com
                                      • rajans22in
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 21, 2005
                                          here i am not talking about the sql session but regarding the sesion
                                          object created using front end (ASP,servlet). how do i capture the
                                          values that are stored in those ojects.