Setting up ongoing repliaction job on production database

  • sqlindia
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2005
      Hi All

      I need to be setup ongoing job of replication of some tables from
      production database to another databse. job need to running in every 1
      hour. It is replication of static data.

      Please advice on best approach to implement this process.

      regards
    • VISHNAT
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 11, 2005
        If its static data why bothering on replication .

        Perform one time DTS

        viswanath

        --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "sqlindia" <sqlindia@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > I need to be setup ongoing job of replication of some tables from
        > production database to another databse. job need to running in every
        1
        > hour. It is replication of static data.
        >
        > Please advice on best approach to implement this process.
        >
        > regards
      • sqlindia
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 12, 2005
          Hi Viswanath

          thanx for reply... good question that why bothering for on-going
          replication setup of static data?? but there is dynamic data involve
          as well as and it ismy mistake that I did not mentioned in my mail.
          1. some are static data which could be transfer once
          2. some of them are need to be filtered every hour and replicate to
          another database on either same server or different server on
          network.

          So please advice on ideal approach....

          regards
          sqlindia

          --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "VISHNAT" <VISHNAT@G...> wrote:

          > If its static data why bothering on replication .
          >
          > Perform one time DTS
          >
          > viswanath
          >
          > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "sqlindia" <sqlindia@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi All
          > >
          > > I need to be setup ongoing job of replication of some tables
          from
          > > production database to another databse. job need to running in
          every
          > 1
          > > hour. It is replication of static data.
          > >
          > > Please advice on best approach to implement this process.
          > >
          > > regards
        • Viswanath Subramanian
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005

            Hi

            If you are moving some data in the same server to another database would suggest using SP(Here you can specify ur filter criteria) with Jobs calling SP.
            If Moving to another server would recommend DTS.

            Thanks
            Viswanath

            On 9/13/05, sqlindia <sqlindia@...> wrote:
            Hi Viswanath

            thanx for reply... good question that why bothering for on-going
            replication setup of static data?? but there is dynamic data involve
            as well as and it ismy mistake that I did not mentioned in my mail.
            1. some are static data which could be transfer once
            2. some of them are need to be filtered every hour and replicate to
            another database on either same server or different server on
            network.

            So please advice on ideal approach....

            regards
            sqlindia

            --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "VISHNAT" <VISHNAT@G...> wrote:

            > If its static data why bothering  on replication .
            >
            > Perform one time DTS
            >
            > viswanath
            >
            > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "sqlindia" < sqlindia@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi All
            > >
            > > I need to be setup ongoing job of replication of some tables
            from
            > > production database to another databse. job need to running in
            every
            > 1
            > > hour. It is replication of static data.
            > >
            > > Please advice on best approach to implement this process.
            > >
            > > regards

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/m7folB/TM

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Saurabh Aggarwal
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005

              Hi Friends

              Q1. IS the use of secondary data file is to seperate the system
                  objects from user objects only,if some another use kindly tell me
                  why we r creating secondary data files ?

              Q2  Why we r using the detach & attatch stored procedures & in which
                  cases we have to use them .Whats the DIFF between dts,back up &
                  restore & attatch & detach?

              On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 Viswanath Subramanian wrote :

              >  Hi
              >  If you are moving some data in the same server to another database would
              >suggest using SP(Here you can specify ur filter criteria) with Jobs calling
              >SP.
              >If Moving to another server would recommend DTS.
              >  Thanks
              >Viswanath
              >  On 9/13/05, sqlindia <sqlindia@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Viswanath
              > >
              > > thanx for reply... good question that why bothering for on-going
              > > replication setup of static data?? but there is dynamic data involve
              > > as well as and it ismy mistake that I did not mentioned in my mail.
              > > 1. some are static data which could be transfer once
              > > 2. some of them are need to be filtered every hour and replicate to
              > > another database on either same server or different server on
              > > network.
              > >
              > > So please advice on ideal approach....
              > >
              > > regards
              > > sqlindia
              > >

              > > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "VISHNAT" <VISHNAT@G...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > If its static data why bothering on replication .
              > > >
              > > > Perform one time DTS
              > > >
              > > > viswanath

              > > from
              > > every
              > > > 1

              > > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
              > > http://www.mugh.net
              > > http://www.mugh.net/sql
              > >
              > > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.
              > >
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Saurabh Aggarwal( NTPC )
              9719125205

            • Santhosh
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                I would recommend log shipping since it will only
                ship the transactions, which will have less over head
                to both the servers.

                With Smiles
                Santhosh
                readme @ santhoshpakkangal.blogspot.com

                __________________________________
                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • sonny singh
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                  Hi Santosh
                  I am novice in Log shipping area.. Please could help me to setup this process.any kind of help will be appreciated.....

                  regards
                  sqlindia

                  Hi,

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • sonny singh
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                    Hi Viswanath

                    could please give me head start.. and refer to me relevant documents and practical article or literature?????

                    thanx for help
                    regards

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 15, 2005
                      Hi Sonny,
                      Check this article regarding Log shippig it will help
                      you.

                      http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/deploy/harag05.mspx#EFAA

                      With Smiles
                      Santhosh
                      ReadMe@...

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • VISHNAT
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 15, 2005
                        Log Shipping is a good and simple technique however its for
                        implementing standBy servers(ie secondary is not online
                        continuously).

                        thanks
                        Viswanath