Re: [mugh-sqlcon] Re: creating indexed view

  • jeelani basha
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005

      As per ur suggestions i have recreated all udf with schema binding and and altered the view with schema binding

      now i created a unique clustered index on this view   its throws error
      "Server: Msg 1936, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
      Cannot index the view 'SGTN.dbo.V_OrderSummary'. It contains one or more disallowed constructs."

      wat is the solution for this

      thanks for the help
      basha

      VISHNAT <VISHNAT@...> wrote:

      Excellent suggestion ..

      it works!!..

      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "Meiyalagan.B" <softalagan@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,

      > If i'm not wrong when you use a UDF in your view definition, the
      UDF also should be Schema bound !
      > What i feel from the error message is, the UDF
      ('dbo.func_get_packinglist_flag')  is not schema bound. Can you
      please make it sure ?

      > hth

      > Thanks
      > Mei
      >

      > VISHNAT <VISHNAT@G...> wrote:
      >
      > Indexed views has a lot of limitations..
      >
      > and guess this is one of it ..:)
      >
      > regards,
      > viswanath
      >
      > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "JeeLani bASHa" <basha_21_99@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Im trying to create a index on a View,  for this primary thing
      is
      > > should have my view with SCHEMABINDING, so tried to drop the
      view
      > > and create the view  with schema binding but its not creating as
      > im
      > > having a  UDF( function) in it, i got a error message
      > >
      > > "Server: Msg 4513, Level 16, State 1, Procedure V_OrderSummary,
      > Line
      > > 5
      > > Cannot schema bind
      > > view 'dbo.V_OrderSummary'. 'dbo.func_get_packinglist_flag' is
      not
      > > schema bound.
      > > "
      > >
      > > can anybody  help me out how to solve this issue i need to
      create
      > > indexed view for this view
      > >
      > > thanks for the help in advance
      > >
      > > basha
      >

      > SqlCon is a special interests group run under the aegis of MUGH -
      http://www.mugh.net
      > http://www.mugh.net/sql
      >
      > Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

      > C programming language Computer programming languages Java
      programming language The c programming language C programming
      language Concept of programming language

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > " God cannot be presented everywhere, so he created mothers "

               Meiyalagan

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

      jeelani basha

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Santhosh
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
        Hi All,

        I have written a trigger on delete in a table x. I
        write a delete state ment, which affects 10 rows. Will
        the trigger fire 10 times or will they fire only once.

        With Smiles
        Santhose

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • Praveen.V.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
          Hi

          The trigger will fire only once. The data can be fetched from deleted and inserted tables

          cheers
          Praveen V

          --- Santhosh <san_spy@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I have written a trigger on delete in a table x. I
          > write a delete state ment, which affects 10 rows. Will
          > the trigger fire 10 times or will they fire only once.
          >

          > With Smiles
          > Santhose

          > Sell on Yahoo! Auctions – no fees. Bid on great items.
          > http://auctions.yahoo.com/

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • Meiyalagan.B
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
            Your trigger will fire only once.
            If you want to get all those deleted 10 rows in you trigger use the logical table "deleted".

            hth

            Mei

            Santhosh <san_spy@...> wrote:
            Hi All,

            I have written a trigger on delete in a table x. I
            write a delete state ment, which affects 10 rows. Will
            the trigger fire 10 times or will they fire only once.

            With Smiles
            Santhose

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/

            Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                                                                        Meiyalagan

            Yahoo! Mail

          • VISHNAT
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 14, 2005
              Hi

              are u trying to use unions etc can you paste sample code of the view

              regards
              viswanth

            • Meiyalagan.B
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 15, 2005
                You may want to go through the BOL to check out the requirements for Creating the Indexed views. (Topic : Creating an Indexed View )

                hth

                -Mei

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 15, 2005
                  Hi this the sample code  with  udfs i creatd this udfs with scehma binding still the index is not ccreating   well appreciate for your effort
                  CREATE VIEW dbo.V_OrderSummary
                  with schemabinding
                  AS
                  SELECT  dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Order_No, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Customer_Service_Id, dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Customer_Name,
                  dbo.QC_Service_Location_Master.Service_Location_Type, qc_style_master.style_name AS Style_Name, dbo.QC_Services_Master.Description, dbo.QC_Service_Types_Master.Type_description,
                    CS_Supplier_Master_2.Supplier_Name, dbo.QC_Inspection_Types_Master.Inspection_Type_Id, dbo.QC_Inspection_Types_Master.Inspection_Type,
                                        CONVERT(datetime, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Creation_Date, 103) AS Creation_Date, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Sgt_Location_Id,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Transaction_Id, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Tran_Ser_ID, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Seq_No,
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Service_Location_Id, dbo.CS_Customer_Status_Alert_Master.Yellow_Alert_Delay,
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Status_Alert_Master.Red_Alert_Delay, dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Customer_Id, dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Cust_Abreviation,
                                        CS_Supplier_Master_2.Supplier_Id, dbo.QC_Inspector_Inspection_Details.Staff_Id AS Inspector_Id, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Service_Id,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Order_Status_Id, dbo.QC_Test_Status_Master.Status_Name, dbo.HR_Staff_Master.Person_Name,
                                        dbo.QC_Inspector_Inspection_Details.Start_Date, dbo.QC_Inspector_Inspection_Details.End_Date, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Inspection_Date,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Sub_Supplier_Id, dbo.AR_City_Master.City_Name, dbo.CS_Factory_Master.Factory_Name,
                                        dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master.SgT_Location_Name, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.SAF_Recieved, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Total_Order_Qty,
                                        CS_Supplier_Master_1.Supplier_Name AS sub_supplier_name, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Shipment_Date,
                                        dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master.Location_Type_Id, dbo.AR_Location_Type_Master.SGT_Location_Type, dbo.CS_Factory_Master.Factory_Id,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Created_By_ID, dbo.IT_User_Master.User_Id, dbo.IT_User_Master.User_Type,
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Control_Defect_Classification_Id, dbo.QC_Defect_Classification_Type_Master.Defect_Classification_Name,
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Group_Master.Customer_Group_Name, dbo.CS_Customer_Group_Master.Group_Id, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Style_Ref,
                                        dbo.AR_Country_Master.Food_Allowance, dbo.AR_Country_Master.Foog_Allowance_foreigner, dbo.AR_Country_Master.Country_id,
                                        dbo.AR_Country_Master.Country_Name, dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Visit_Flag, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.style_id AS style_id,
                                        dbo.QC_Categories_Master.Category, dbo.AR_Area_Master.Area_Name, dbo.AR_Area_Master.Area_Id,
                                        dbo.func_get_packinglist_record_count(dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Transaction_Id) AS Packing_list_flag, dbo.QC_PL_Designation_Master.Unit_Name,
                                        dbo.func_get_packinglist_flag(dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Transaction_Id) AS Packing_flag, dbo.AR_City_Master.City_Id,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Logical_Result, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.CustomerContact, dbo.QC_Service_Types_Master.Service_Type_Id,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Sample_Tracking_Id, dbo.ST_Sample_Tracking_Inward_Transaction.Sample_No,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Conclusion_Transaction.Result, dbo.QC_Order_Conclusion_Transaction.Tot_out_of_tolerancel_pieces,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Supplier_2_id, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Supplier_3_id, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Supplier_4_id,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Supplier_5_id, dbo.CS_Factory_Master.Contact_Name AS factory_contact,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Supplier_Application_Form.SAF_Date_Recieved, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Next_Inspection_Date,
                                        dbo.AR_Division_Master.Division_Name, dbo.AR_Division_Master.division_Id, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Level_Id AS AQL_Level,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Pick_Type AS AQL_pick_type, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Major_Tolerance,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Minor_Tolerance, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Level_Id_Pick2,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Major_Tolerance_Pick2, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Minor_Tolerance_Pick2,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Closing_Date, dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Active AS cust_active,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Total_Defective_pieces_Major, dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Total_Defective_Pieces_Minor,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Total_Defective_Pieces_Major_choice_1,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Total_Defective_Pieces_Major_choice_2,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Total_Defective_Pieces_Minor_choice_1,
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Total_Defective_Pieces_Minor_choice_2
                  FROM         dbo.CS_Customer_Group_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Defect_Classification_Type_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Services_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Transaction_Id = dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Transaction_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Master ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Customer_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Customer_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Customer_Service_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Customer_Service_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Service_Location_Master ON
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Service_Location_Id = dbo.QC_Service_Location_Master.Service_Location_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Services_Master.Service_Id = dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Service_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.CS_Supplier_Master CS_Supplier_Master_2 ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Supplier_Id = CS_Supplier_Master_2.Supplier_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Inspection_Types_Master ON
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Inspection_Type_Id = dbo.QC_Inspection_Types_Master.Inspection_Type_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Test_Status_Master ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Order_Status_Id = dbo.QC_Test_Status_Master.Status_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Region_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_City_Master ON dbo.AR_Region_Master.Region_Id = dbo.AR_City_Master.Region_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Country_Master ON dbo.AR_Region_Master.Country_Id = dbo.AR_Country_Master.Country_id left outer join
                                        dbo.CS_Factory_Master ON dbo.AR_City_Master.City_Id = dbo.CS_Factory_Master.City_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Factory_Id = dbo.CS_Factory_Master.factory_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.IT_User_Master ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Created_By_ID = dbo.IT_User_Master.UserIT_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Defect_Classification_Type_Master.Defect_Classification_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Services_Master.Control_Defect_Classification_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Location_Type_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master ON dbo.AR_Location_Type_Master.Location_Type_Id = dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master.Location_Type_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Sgt_Location_Id = dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master.SgT_Location_Id ON
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Group_Master.Group_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Group_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_City_Master AR_City_Master_1 ON dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master.City_Id = AR_City_Master_1.City_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Region_Master AR_Region_Master_1 ON AR_City_Master_1.Region_Id = AR_Region_Master_1.Region_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Country_Master AR_Country_Master_1 ON AR_Region_Master_1.Country_Id = AR_Country_Master_1.Country_id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Area_Master ON AR_Country_Master_1.Area_id = dbo.AR_Area_Master.Area_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_PL_Designation_Master ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Unit_Id = dbo.QC_PL_Designation_Master.Service_Id left outer join
                                        dbo.AR_Division_Master ON dbo.AR_SGT_Location_Master.Division_Id = dbo.AR_Division_Master.division_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.CS_Customer_Status_Alert_Master ON dbo.CS_Customer_Master.Customer_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Status_Alert_Master.Customer_Id AND
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Customer_Service_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Status_Alert_Master.Customer_Service_Id AND
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Order_Status_Id = dbo.CS_Customer_Status_Alert_Master.Status_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Supplier_Application_Form ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Tran_Ser_ID = dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Supplier_Application_Form.Tran_Ser_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.ST_Sample_Tracking_Inward_Transaction ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Sample_Tracking_Id = dbo.ST_Sample_Tracking_Inward_Transaction.Sample_Tracking_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Conclusion_Transaction ON dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Transaction_Id = dbo.QC_Order_Conclusion_Transaction.Transaction_id AND
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Tran_Ser_ID = dbo.QC_Order_Conclusion_Transaction.Tran_Ser_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.QC_Categories_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Service_Types_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Style_Master ON dbo.QC_Service_Types_Master.Service_Type_Id = dbo.QC_Style_Master.Service_Type_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Categories_Master.Category_Id = dbo.QC_Style_Master.Category_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.style_id = dbo.QC_Style_Master.Style_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.CS_Supplier_Master CS_Supplier_Master_1 ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction.Sub_Supplier_Id = CS_Supplier_Master_1.Supplier_Id LEFT OUTER JOIN
                                        dbo.HR_Staff_Master left outer join
                                        dbo.QC_Inspector_Inspection_Details ON dbo.HR_Staff_Master.Staff_Id = dbo.QC_Inspector_Inspection_Details.Staff_Id ON
                                        dbo.QC_Order_Transaction_Services.Tran_Ser_ID = dbo.QC_Inspector_Inspection_Details.Tran_Ser_Id

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 16, 2005
                    You cannot use outer join .Would recommend changing it to a proc..

                    Below are the requirement you need to adhere to while creating an
                    indexed view

                    -viswa

                    Requirements for the View
                    A view must meet these requirements before you can create a
                    clustered index on it:

                    The ANSI_NULLS and QUOTED_IDENTIFIER options must have been set to
                    ON when the CREATE VIEW statement was executed. The OBJECTPROPERTY
                    function reports this for views through the ExecIsAnsiNullsOn or
                    ExecIsQuotedIdentOn properties.

                    The ANSI_NULLS option must have been set to ON for the execution of
                    all CREATE TABLE statements that create tables referenced by the
                    view.

                    The view must not reference any other views, only base tables.

                    All base tables referenced by the view must be in the same database
                    as the view and have the same owner as the view.

                    The view must be created with the SCHEMABINDING option.
                    SCHEMABINDING binds the view to the schema of the underlying base
                    tables.

                    User-defined functions referenced in the view must have been created
                    with the SCHEMABINDING option.

                    Tables and user-defined functions must be referenced by two-part
                    names. One-part, three-part, and four-part names are not allowed.

                    All functions referenced by expressions in the view must be
                    deterministic. The IsDeterministic property of the OBJECTPROPERTY
                    function reports if a user-defined function is deterministic. For
                    more information, see Deterministic and Nondeterministic Functions.

                    The SELECT statement in the view cannot contain these Transact-SQL
                    syntax elements:
                    The select list cannot use the * or table_name.* syntax to specify
                    columns. Column names must be explicitly stated.

                    A table column name used as a simple expression cannot be specified
                    in more than one view column. A column can be referenced multiple
                    times provided all, or all but one, reference to the column is part
                    of a complex expression or a parameter to a function. For example,
                    this select list is invalid:
                    SELECT ColumnA, ColumnB, ColumnA

                    These select lists are valid:

                    SELECT ColumnA, AVG(ColumnA), ColumnA + Column B AS AddColAColB

                    SELECT SUM(ColumnA), ColumnA % ColumnB AS ModuloColAColB

                    A derived table.

                    Rowset functions.

                    UNION operator.

                    Subqueries.

                    Outer or self joins.

                    TOP clause.

                    ORDER BY clause.

                    DISTINCT keyword.

                    COUNT(*) (COUNT_BIG(*) is allowed.)

                    The AVG, MAX, MIN, STDEV, STDEVP, VAR, or VARP aggregate functions.
                    If AVG, MAX, MIN, STDEV, STDEVP, VAR, or VARP are specified in
                    queries referencing the indexed view, the optimizer can often
                    calculate the needed result if the view select list contains these
                    substitute functions. Complex aggregate function Substitute simple
                    aggregate functions
                    AVG(X)
                    SUM(X), COUNT_BIG(X)

                    STDEV(X)
                    SUM(X), COUNT_BIG(X), SUM(X**2)

                    STDEVP(X)
                    SUM(X), COUNT_BIG(X), SUM(X**2)

                    VAR(X)
                    SUM(X), COUNT_BIG(X), SUM(X**2)

                    VARP(X)
                    SUM(X), COUNT_BIG(X), SUM(X**2)

                    For example, an indexed view select list cannot contain the
                    expression AVG(SomeColumn). If the view select list contains the
                    expressions SUM(SomeColumn) and COUNT_BIG(SomeColumn), SQL Server
                    can calculate the average for a query that references the view and
                    specifies AVG(SomeColumn).

                    A SUM function that references a nullable expression.

                    The full-text predicates CONTAINS or FREETEXT.

                    COMPUTE or COMPUTE BY clause.
                    If GROUP BY is not specified, the view select list cannot contain
                    aggregate expressions.

                    If GROUP BY is specified, the view select list must contain a
                    COUNT_BIG(*) expression, and the view definition cannot specify
                    HAVING, CUBE, or ROLLUP.

                    A column resulting from an expression that either evaluates to a
                    float value or uses float expressions for its evaluation cannot be a
                    key of an index in an indexed view or a table.