6684Re: MUGH-SQLCON Requirement:-Do dev db refres h by using prod db backup. I don’t want to lose existing privileges in devdb.

  • mohd rizwan
    Aug 3, 2011
      Krishna,

      You can follow below steps to achive this..

      1)Script out all Users,Roles, Schemas & permission of DEV database and save it.
      2)Take backup of Prod DB.
      3)Restore prod backup over dev database.
      4)Delete all Users, Roles & Schema from restored database by Generate Script option.
      5) Apply script which has been created at first step.

      Thanks & Regards,
      Mohd Rizwan
      (¨`·.·´¨) Always
      `·.¸.·´