6075MUGH-SQLCON Re: command to read fronm ldf file which transactions were done in sql 2000

  • Madhu K Nair
    May 5 9:36 AM

      What i meant to say was, why he or she need to read the TL? It may be
      for auditing / or to find malpractice or to get the data back which
      was wrongly updated. If this is the requirement, if you configure CDC
      you have log who and what time what transaction and what was the data
      changed (history) every thing available in the log table. Its may
      not help you to read TL directly but it solve your purpose.

      I hope it make sense

      thanks

      Madhu

      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, Kuldeep Chauhan <mrkuldeepchauhan@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Madhu,
      >
      > How CDC will be helpful in Kanchan's case when we really don't
      know what and why she need to read log files?

      > Kanchan,
      >
      > Tell us the exact requirements you have to read data from log
      file? We may be able to help you.

      > Thanks,
      > Kuldeep
      >
      > Madhu K Nair <madhuotp@...> wrote:
      > No you cant get useful information from TL using TSQL
      Command. There
      > are few undocumented dbcc command but it will not help much. As
      > already mentioned there are third party tool which does this. In
      SQL