6074Re: MUGH-SQLCON Re: command to read fronm ldf file which transactions were done in sql 2000

  • Kuldeep Chauhan
    May 4, 2008
      Hi Madhu,

      How CDC will be helpful in Kanchan's case when we really don't know what and why she need to read log files?

      Kanchan,

      Tell us the exact requirements you have to read data from log file? We may be able to help you.

      Thanks,
      Kuldeep

      Madhu K Nair <madhuotp@...> wrote:
      No you cant get useful information from TL using TSQL Command. There
      are few undocumented dbcc command but it will not help much. As
      already mentioned there are third party tool which does this. In SQL
      Server 2008 there is a new feature called CDC (change data capture)
      which is meant to track and keep the history of data changes in a
      database.

      Madhu