5962Re: MUGH-SQLCON how much space needed for back up 40 gb database

  • Preethiviraj Kulasingham
    Feb 6, 2008
      Hi Alok,
      If you have space requirements, you can use third party backup
      tools. Idera is giving a free backup tool with limited
      functionality. If you are stisfied witht he tool, you can purchase a
      full featured tool. We are using the free tool and its enough for
      our purpose.

      Regards,
      Preethiviraj Kulasingham

      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, kunal choudhary <nitin_mca_23@...>
      wrote:

      > Alok,
      >
      > Backup size depands on actual data in database. Backup does not
      contents free space so check all this and try to identify the backup
      size. Due to this some time you can see more differance in DB size
      and backup size.

      http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php