174Re: [mugh-sqlcon] Re: securing sql server on xp machine

  • Satya
    May 4, 2004
      --------i think u dint receive my earlier reply, so sending it again -------------------
          right now What i can think of here, are the following options -
      1) Very first, if u r on public network - change ur SQL default Port 1433 to other port.
      2) Use Network Address Table(NAT) - which will translate ur public IP to Private IP where end-user will not come to know abt ur public Ip and passed private ip is not exist.
      3) U can install Internet Security & Acceleration Server(ISA) - enable Outgoing port communication but block the incomings.

      For the other FrontPage problem..i have no idea now but will try to find.

      Please let me know if you have any questions..

      Regards,

      imformhyd <praveenonline@...> wrote:
      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "imformhyd" <praveenonline@h...> wrote:
      > I have  sql server developer 2000 on my XP machine, iam on a public
      > IP and this makes my system vunreable to attacks, today my ISP
      > reported that the sql server on my machine was being used to send
      > spam in huge amount, what can i do to stop my machine which is
      being
      > used by spammers etc.. thanks in advance.
      >
      > also i have sub-domain hosted on my machine, i have installed
      > frontpage extensions, when i try to connect to my frontpage site on
      > my machine using the sub-domain name and IP address, it asks for
      > frontpage extensions login, iam trying to provide the windows login
      > use to log into my system, but are rejected, how do i set this one.
      > also someone have recommendations to secure my IIS too on my XP
      box..
      > please dont ask me to install win2k or 03 as solution.
      >

      > can reply me on chat too if possible
      >
      > praveenonlyne@y...
      > praveenonline@m...

      baghzaad that worked for sql .. waiting for the IIS ..solution.

      Do you Yahoo!?