Venezuelan oilfield, Es>En: Varal

  • steven.marzuola
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2013
      A colleague has a technical specification from Venezuela for oilfield services, that includes a long list of items that the contractor must have available at the job site. Everything is clear except the last items. The quantities and other details (sizes and types) have been omitted for brevity:

      Equipos de oxicorte
      Equipos de soldadura
      Andamios
      Grúas mecánicas
      Sopladores y extractores de airea
      Extintores de incendio 30 Lbs Tipo "C"
      Equipos de seguridad (Eeplosímetro, H2S, O2,CO2)
      Equipos de Primeros Auxilios.
      Equipos de Iluminación.
      Grúa Telescópica de 80 Ton Con Operador y Ayudante
      Camión 750 Con Chofer y Ayudante.
      Low Boy
      Varal

      What is a "Varal" in this context? I thought maybe it was a pole truck, which is a truck with a simple boom that serves as a crane, but I can find no corroborating evidence, and my partner is even more doubtful.

      Thoughts?

      Steven Marzuola