En > Es, snag load

  • steven.marzuola
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
      Is there a standardized term in Spanish for "snag load"?

      I have just spent some time researching the topic, and this page is one of the best I have seen.

      http://www.hoistmagazine.com/story.asp?storyCode=2054404

      In a nutshell, it's the shock load endured by a crane when the load "snags" or gets caught on a fixed object as it's being hoisted.

      Thanks for any pointers.

      Steven Marzuola
      www.techlanguage.com
    • Nelida Kreer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2011
        Hi Steven,

        Saw your enquiry, and although technical translation is not exactly my cup of tea, did some searching and came up with Caterpillar's English-Spanish Dictionary, which has a translation for the term "snag loading" on

        http://bit.ly/qFqzM0

        which I think is specific for caterpillars and not exactly suited to your term, but maybe points to the right word to use.

        I would suggest "atasque de carga", and if your context speaks about "snag load protection", then it would be "protección contra atasque de carga".

        Hope that this proves of help.

        Best regards,

        Nelida
        ____________________________
        Nélida Kreer
        Traductora Pública
        Tel: +598 2707-1838
        nelkre@...
        TRADUCCIONES-MONTEVIDEO
        nkinfo@...
        http://www.traducciones-montevideo.com
        http://www.proz.com/translator/619342

        __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 6470 (20110916) __________

        ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

        http://www.eset.com

      • steven.marzuola
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2011
          Nelida, that's a great resource. Thanks.

          Steven