concludent action > spanish

  • zzeniv36
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
      Dear colleagues,
      I would like to ask for help with an English law term, concludent action. Is there a Spanish equivalent? "Acción concludente" does not seem to exist, nor "comportamiento concludente".
      TIA
      Lars-Erik Morin
    • Margarita Escalón
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
        Dear colleague

        I was thinking that the meaning of :

        Concludent is

        Bringing to a close; decisive; conclusive.
        Perhaps you can use:   cerrar un trato,  or suscribir un tratado, or ultimar un acuerdo.

        Hope this helps

        Margarita Escalon
        NAATI Professional English into Spanish
        translator and Spanish<>English Interpreter.

        I would like to ask for help with an English law term, concludent action. Is there a Spanish equivalent? "Acción concludente" does not seem to exist, nor "comportamiento concludente" .

        TIA

        Lars-Erik Morin

      • Robert and Susana Haake
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
          At 01:09 AM 3/2/2010, Lars-Erik Morin wrote:
          >I would like to ask for help with an English law term, concludent action.
          >Is there a Spanish equivalent? "Acción concludente" does not seem to
          >exist, nor "comportamiento concludente".

          Concluyente, no concludente, aunque en tu contexto podría referirse al
          comportamiento posterior (de las partes).

          Google returns only 105 results for concludent action. In some cases this
          term is used as a translation of the German Konkludente Handlung and the
          Swedish konkludent handlande.

          <<http://www.rospravo.com/off-line/activities/publications/Enforcement_in_Russia_of_Stockholm_award_eng.pdf>http://www.rospravo.com/off-line/activities/publications/Enforcement_in_Russia_of_Stockholm_award_eng.pdf>
          It was also claimed, as third ground, that B had become a party to the
          agreement by its subsequent conduct (in Swedish “konkludent handlande”), a
          matter also governed by Swedish law.

          22. Observations regarding the arbitration between the Creditor and the
          Borrower.
          Thus, regardless of the konkludent handlande (the parties’ subsequent
          conduct) the Loan Agreement under the circumstances continued to be null
          and void.

          http://tinyurl.com/yzkk22u
          “[...] habrá estafa cuando la mentira vaya acompañada de una maquinación o
          maniobra capaz de provocar el error, vale decir, algo parecido a la mise en
          scène de los franceses o a la llamada acción concluyente de los alemanes”.

          Some context would help.

          Best regards,
          Susana

        • Lars-Erik Morin
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
            Thanks a lot, Susana and Margarita,

            I think Susanas "comportamiento posterior" is the solution. The context
            is an approval that is neither written nor oral, but produced by later
            actions. Maybe I should have given the context in the first place, but I
            didn't want to limit your brainstorming ;-)

            It seems my English source was bad, too (non-native). "Subsequent
            conduct" looks a lot better.

            Thanks again, great help
            Lars-Erik Morin