en-sp callout group

  • Mariela Romero
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
      Dear colleagues,

      I wonder if someone can help me with this phrase: "call out group"

      The phrase is included in a report describing a company's mode of organization for shift workers. I'll give you the extract where the phrase appears:

      "Shift cover is provided by a team of contractors comprising one electrical and one instrument technician on shift plus a call out group"

      Thanks in advance
      Mariela

    • Mariela Romero
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        I forgot to include my suggestion..could it be "equipo/ grupo de guardia"?

        Thanks in advance
        Mariela

      • Joss Heywood
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Mariela Romero <maru50@...> wrote:

          > I forgot to include my suggestion..could it be "equipo/ grupo de guardia"?

          In a medical context, doctors who are on duty but at home are said to
          be "de guardia pasiva", at least in Argentina.

          IHTH

          Joss

          --
          Joss Heywood

          English Language Services, Córdoba, Argentina
          Spanish-English Translations / Traducciones Castellano-Inglés
          +54 3543 422933 skype: jossheywood
        • Yelitza Garcia
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
            Yo sugeriria "grupo de guardia"

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
              Thank you Yelitza and Joss. The group that was on shift belongs to an Oil company, I forgot to add this.
              I think I'll leave "grupo de guardia" then.

              Regards,
              Mariela