in-branch (marketing)

  • Francisco Taboas
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hola a todos.

      Tengo una lista de recursos de marketing (no hay mucho contexto, pro tanto) y entre ellos aparece "in-branch"

      ¿Alguien me puede echar unamano?

      "Inbound and outbound telephony, direct mail, customer service marketing, and in-branch"

      Gracias
      Paco

    • Mary
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
        See

        http://sec.edgar-online.com/2006/07/20/0001193125-06-149396/Section15.asp

        We market to consumers using direct mail, online marketing, in-branch
        marketing, telemarketing and other marketing methods.

        If this is about banks or similar institutions, it could be in-branch
        marketing, which I take to mean marketing directed at bank customers who
        turn up at the branch of the bank to pay in a cheque, bring in their
        shop's takings or draw out cash , and are, for instance, confronted with
        large signs advertising the bank's term deposit rates. Which they have
        plenty of time to digest as they wait in a long queue...!

        I won't presume to judge what this would be in Spanish: "dentro del
        sucursal" occurs to me but others are better placed to advise you on this.

        Saludos, Mary Heath, Brisbane

        On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:30:43 +1000, Francisco Taboas
        <pacotaboas@...> wrote:

        > Hola a todos.
        >
        > Tengo una lista de recursos de marketing (no hay mucho contexto, pro
        > tanto) y entre ellos aparece "in-branch"
        >
        > ¿Alguien me puede echar unamano?
        >

        > "Inbound and outbound telephony, direct mail, customer service
        > marketing, and in-branch"
        >
        > Gracias
        > Paco
      • Joss Heywood
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
          On Feb 1, 2008 8:56 AM, Mary <meheath@...> wrote:

          > If this is about banks or similar institutions, it could be in-branch
          > marketing, which I take to mean marketing directed at bank customers who
          > turn up at the branch of the bank to pay in a cheque, bring in their
          > shop's takings or draw out cash , and are, for instance, confronted with
          > large signs advertising the bank's term deposit rates. Which they have
          > plenty of time to digest as they wait in a long queue...!

          Mary's idea is confirmed here:

          Successful in-branch marketing is comprised of many different
          elements: retail design, merchandising, POP, staff salesmanship,
          campaign and collateral materials. As branch networks grow, the task
          of coordinating these elements across multiple departments becomes
          more formidable. Branch staff, marketing, retail banking and
          facilities departments all play a crucial role in ensuring that
          in-branch marketing is effective in targeting and delivering the
          appropriate message in a coordinated fashion to all the branches.
          http://www.sema4inc.com/upsell.html

          I don't find any particular term for this in Spanish, though.

          Joss

          --
          Joss Heywood

          English Language Services, Córdoba, Argentina
          Spanish-English Translations / Traducciones Castellano-Inglés
          +54 3543 422933
        • Francisco Taboas
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
            Gracias Joss y Mary. Pillada la idea de marketing en las sucursales.

            Un saludo Francisco

          • Francisco Taboas
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
              Hola otra vez.

              Sigo con el texto de propaganda en los bancos. Entre los extras de un paquete especial de un banco aparece lo siguiente:

              Specific tier branded debit card with member ID on the back side

              ¿Alguna propuesta?

              Gracias
              Paco

            • Joss Heywood
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
                On Feb 1, 2008 2:00 PM, Francisco Taboas <pacotaboas@...> wrote:

                > Sigo con el texto de propaganda en los bancos. Entre los extras de un
                > paquete especial de un banco aparece lo siguiente:
                >
                > Specific tier branded debit card with member ID on the back side

                In Scotiabank www.scotiabank.com/images/en/filespersonal/15961.pdf -
                being a pdf I can't copy the exact words - "specific tier" refers to
                particular levels of balance in the account, eg. $10000 - 24999,
                $25000 and over, etc, and what is offered depends on what tier your
                account is in.

                So they are offered branded debit cards depending on their tier.

                Then: A branded Prepaid Debit Card can be a Visa Debit Card or a
                MasterCard Debit Card with the association's logo and hologram on the
                front of the card. Branded Prepaid Debit Cards allow cardholders to do
                online purchases, pay bills, do signature-based transactions in
                restaurants as well as use for ATM withdrawals and POS purchases.
                http://www.onedebit.com/

                Voilá! Now you only have to put it in Spanish! :-)

                Joss

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008

                  <pacotaboas@...> wrote:

                  > Hola a todos.
                  >
                  > Tengo una lista de recursos de marketing (no hay mucho contexto, pro
                  > tanto) y entre ellos aparece "in-branch"
                  >
                  > ¿Alguien me puede echar unamano?
                  >

                  > "Inbound and outbound telephony, direct mail, customer service
                  > marketing, and in-branch"
                  >
                  > Gracias
                  > Paco
                • Mary
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
                    Apologies, I seem to have sent a message twice by mistake.

                    Mary Heath
                  • Francisco Taboas
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
                      Entendido, Joss, gracias.