SHOOFLIES al castellano

  • Martha Suarez Burghi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hola colegas!!!

      Primero, mi deseo para

      .......... un excelente 2008 para cada uno de ustedes, con paz, prosperidad y salud!!!!!

      En un listado, sin más contexto, aparece la palabra SHOOFLIES.

      QUOTE

      All transportation along unprotected dirt surfaces such as unpaved access roads, shooflies and the ROW.

      UNQUOTE

      ¿Tendrá alguien una traducción al castellano para esta palabra?

      Muchas gracias, cariños, martha

    • TexasT
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
        On 1/1/08, Martha Suarez Burghi <msb@...> wrote:

        > un excelente 2008 para cada uno de ustedes, con paz, prosperidad
        > y salud!!!!!
        .
        ¡Igualmente!

        .
        > All transportation along unprotected dirt surfaces such as unpaved
        > access roads, shooflies and the ROW.
        .
        I had only heard the term for dessert (shoofly pie)...
        But it seems to be a specific type of temporary dirt-surface access road:

        <<The contractor shall construct and maintain a SHOOFLY during
        construction at the below listed Sites. The SHOOFLY shall be within
        the temporary construction easement limits. The McPherson Department
        of Public Works will provide the Contractor with necessary drainage
        pipe. The SHOOFLY shall have (type B)(MR-90) compaction with a 20 foot
        roadway top, graded to drain and surfaced with 2" of light surfacing
        SA-1. After completion of the new structure, the Contractor shall
        remove the SHOOFLY and restore the ground to existing conditions. This
        work shall be paid for as per unit bid price "SHOOFLY-lump sum". The
        SHOOFLY shall be strictly for the contractor's and inspector's use
        only.>>
        <http://www.mcphersoncountyks.us/DocumentView.asp?DID=360>

        Suerte.

        --
        Terry
      • Robert R. Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hola Martha,
          The Wiley Dictionary of Civil Engineering and Construction dice:
          SHOOFLY TRACK; (fc) vía provisional

          Parece que se asocia con los ferrocarriles.
          Espero que te ayude.
          Robert R. Anderson

          Martha Suarez Burghi wrote:

          >Hola colegas!!!
          >
          >Primero, mi deseo para
          >
          > .......... un excelente 2008 para cada uno de ustedes, con paz, prosperidad y salud!!!!!
          >
          >En un listado, sin más contexto, aparece la palabra SHOOFLIES.
          >
          >QUOTE
          >
          >All transportation along unprotected dirt surfaces such as unpaved access roads, shooflies and the ROW.
          >
          >UNQUOTE
          >
          >¿Tendrá alguien una traducción al castellano para esta palabra?
          >
          >Muchas gracias, cariños, martha

          Robert R. Anderson
          Phone: 520-907-5322
          Fax: 440-860-0470