[sptranslators] Hi there!!!

  • Mary C. Maloof
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1998
      Hi Lorraine, Neysa, and all new subscribers to come! Thanks so much for subscribing to the group.

      The only group that's similar to this one is the one for Spanish/Portuguese translators and interpreters on CompuServe's Foreign Languages Forum, but of course, it's available to CompuServe members only. Translators who aren't CompuServe members have been in need of a similar forum, but nothing like that has existed on the Internet until now, at least to my knowledge.

      On the CompuServe forum, translators discuss myriad issues and problems, ask one another about obscure and archaic words, trade all sorts of tips, and even upload personal glossaries, articles, and reference materials for the benefit of the other members. This group has the potential to evolve into the same sort of thing.

      With your help, we'll make this group as good as the CompuServe one, and it will be an immensely useful and informative resource. We translators can't work in a vacuum -- we need all the help and mutual support we can get!!!

      I'm REALLY excited about this!

      Best,
      Mary

      -----