RE: [sptranslators] Re: Ayuda con Acta de Nacimiento de Nayarit, Mexico

  • Robert Dillon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      Amalia

      >So either "late" or "extemporaneous" will do

      No, just "late" or "delayed" or "untimely" or whatever synonym you want to
      use; but not extemporaneous, a false cognate of 'extemporáneo' that means
      something entirely different:

      Webster's
      ex·tem·po·ra·ne·ous (ik stemÅpà r€Æn Ãs), adj.
      1. done, spoken, performed, etc., without special advance preparation;
      impromptu: an extemporaneous speech.
      2. previously planned but delivered with the help of few or no notes:
      extemporaneous lectures.
      3. speaking or performing with little or no advance preparation:
      extemporaneous actors.
      4. made for the occasion, as a shelter.

      Rob

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        Good morning, all,

        Sorry for the delay in commenting, but I was hoping that our local
        records office would decide to answer my query email!

        I believe the correct term is "Delayed Registration of Birth", as in:

        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22delayed+registration%22+birth

        Hope that helps,
        Cheers,
        Carol