42311Re: México: "ayuda de renta"

  • steven.marzuola
    Jul 16, 2013
      It's been many years, and it was in Venezuela, but IIRC there used to be a mandatory "bono habitacional" in that country, paid as a supplement to income.

      In the absence of any other information, I would probably translate it as a "housing bonus", which is what I thought of it at the time.

      --- In sptranslators@yahoogroups.com, Gerard Michael Burns <gmichaelburns@...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > In an individual employment contract, one sentence reads:
      > "la EMPRESA se compromete con el TRABAJADOR pagarle: previsi�n social,
      > **ayuda de renta**, transporte y otros conceptos de naturaleza an�loga,
      > de acuerdo al art�culo 8 de la L.I.S.R."
      > I looked at article 8 of the Ley del Impuesto Sobre la Renta (LIFR), and
      > saw nothing relevant.From looking around other sites, it seems as if in
      > some contexts this may just be help filling out the tax form. But of
      > course here it seems as something to be paid, but could refer (as far as
      > I know, I usually do medical) to either rental assistance or even to
      > subsidizing the tax payment.
      > I am still looking, but am hoping someone here will know what this means
      > in such a contract.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Michael Burns
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic