2004 Westy for sale
I am selling my father-in-law's Westy. It is in really nice shape and has low miles (62.5k). They bought it about 4 years ago in hopes of traveling with it, but health reasons prevented it. I used it a couple times and it worked great. The house batteries were replaced last fall. Everything works except the temp control for the coolbox. We haven't used the hot water heater or the A/C unit. He's asking $55,000. I have it near Spokane, WA.
- Hi Darren,Can you please contact me at kiltym at hotmail.com?I would love to speak on the phone in the morning about the Westy, I am on the west coast as well.Regards,MarkP.S. Cant figure out how to send a private message on here, so I apologize for everyone getting this.
- What do you mean by "temp control for the cool box?" If it's the membrane switches on the display controller, I can tell you how to remedy that without spending several hundred dollars for a new controller.AL
- Boy would I like to know that information also.Roger Groves.
Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 19, 2017, at 5:49 PM, a_m_e@... [sprinter_westfalia] <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
What do you mean by "temp control for the cool box?" If it's the membrane switches on the display controller, I can tell you how to remedy that without spending several hundred dollars for a new controller.AL
- Speaking of coolbox does anyone get large variations in fridge temp? Ours sometimes swings into the 20's or 50's, then returns to around 40 and repeats the shenanigans. We don't fully trust it. The settings on the membrane are usually 43, but if it is too hot or cold in the box I temporarily set it to 41 or 45 until it starts behaving again. It was never perfect but I don't remember it swinging so widely.
I'm thinking of running a separate thermostat--I know of at least one person who has done that.
- Hi Darren,If you have a kayak rack for the Westy you posted, and you are interested in selling it separately, please let me know. My email is: sendcraigmail@....Thanks!Craig
- Seehttps://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46912&highlight=carbonYou have two choices, tiny bottle of paint (which I used) for $16.85 (search “Caikote 44 Kit”) or stick-on dots for $5.95 (search for “ButtonWorx TV remote button repair kit”) both on Amazon.Buttons work OK now; they used to be inoperative when cold out. One acted up very briefly when cold the other day but worked when top was pressed.AL