MG Midget for sale

  • Colin Dodds
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 24, 2017
      G'day guys

      Lawsons Austions have a nice looking Midget for sale.

      Click here:

      avagoodday
      Colin

    • Don Jordan
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 24, 2017

        Looks like a really nice restoration, Colin. What do you reckon it will sell for? Is that the sort of roll bar that would suit my Midget (’73, RWA) or are there better shapes?

        Don Jordan
        2/5 Bales St
        Mt Waverley
        VIC 3149
        +61 3 9807 1473
        0488 218 185

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 24, 2017

          Sorry, Colin. I see the estimated price is $13K - $15K. Do you reckon that’s likely?

          Don Jordan
          2/5 Bales St
          Mt Waverley
          VIC 3149
          +61 3 9807 1473
          0488 218 185

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 24, 2017
            I think it's ambitious, Don, but you can never tell with an auction.  It just takes two bidders whose ego gets in the way of logic and the price keeps climbing.

            avagoodday
            Colin

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 24, 2017

              What do you think about the roll bar style for my car?

              Don Jordan
              2/5 Bales St
              Mt Waverley
              VIC 3149
              +61 3 9807 1473
              0488 218 185

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30, 2017
                The Midget sold for $11,500 + 16.5% buyers premium = $13,340.

                avagoodday
                Colin

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 30, 2017

                  What’s a ‘buyer’s premium’?

                  Don Jordan
                  2/5 Bales St
                  Mt Waverley
                  VIC 3149
                  +61 3 9807 1473
                  0488 218 185

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30, 2017

                    I understand it to be money that goes to the auctioneer house for selling the car.  Like an e-Bay seller’s fee but on steroids.

                    Murray Duff Senior Associate

                    Registered Architect: 1864

                    E mduff@... M +61 413 085 378

                    HASSELL

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 30, 2017
                      G'day Don

                      Once upon a time the seller paid a commission to the auctioneer.  That hasn't changed, but auctioneers wanted more than they could get out of the seller, so now it's common for the buyer also to pay a fee - the buyers premium.  It's "only" 16.5% for cars, but not uncommon for it to be 25% and even 30% on some goods.

                      So if you think you're buying an item cheap at $40, don't be surprised when you're invoiced $50.

                      avagoodday
                      Colin

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 30, 2017
                        All auctions have fees, some are just for the seller and some for the buyer ... the greedier ones have both

                        In the states all the auctioneers are essentially registered and have to abide by the laws of each state.

                        Buyers premium and sellers premium are regulated

                        Most of the car auctions I have been to have a set amount per car for each graduated range and a maximum ... these are always posted at time of sale.

                        There is always craigslist

                        Matt

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 31, 2017

                          Thank you all for that info. I’d heard of the practice but I didn’t know anything about it. Much appreciated. But nearly $2000 to the auctioneer just for selling it to you. Real estate agents move over!!

                          Don Jordan
                          2/5 Bales St
                          Mt Waverley
                          VIC 3149