New vacancies in Birmingham, UK

  • Matthew Bridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013

      Job Vacancies University of Birmingham, UK

      A number of new positions are now open in the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences (Sport, Exercise & Rehabilitation Sciences from 1st August, 2013) at the University of Birmingham, UK.

      The School conducts world leading research in the sciences of sport, exercise, health and rehabilitation. Our mission is to address one of the key challenges facing contemporary societies: increasing the quantity and quality of lifelong engagement in physical activity to enhance health and wellbeing. We are interested in finding new ways to support the physical activity and sport needs of all individuals and communities ranging from elite athletes to young children, elderly exercisers, inactive groups and those recovering from illness or injury.

      The School is organised into four cognate research/teaching groups within which it nurtures its discipline specific scientific excellence: Exercise Physiology with Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism, Movement Rehabilitation with Motor Control & Physiotherapy; Sport & Exercise Pedagogy with Sport Policy, and Sport & Exercise Psychology with Behavioural Medicine. Through our research and teaching, we contribute to five interdisciplinary themes:

      ·         Active Lifestyles

      ·         Effective Learning

      ·         Optimal Performance

      ·         Movement Rehabilitation

      ·         Healthy Ageing

      We are seeking to appoint to the following academic positions:

      Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Sport Policy/Management or Sport Pedagogy

      Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Biomechanics

      Senior Lecturers in Physiotherapy/Rehabilitation (3 posts)

      The closing date for applications is May 26th 2013. Confidential enquiries can be made to Prof Kathy Armour, Head of School, Tel: +44 121 414 2867, k.armour@... or to Prof Malcolm Press, Head of College (m.c.press@...).

      Matt Bridge

      Dr M.W. Bridge

      m.bridge@...