dead lift stiff legged dead lift ???

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24 9:19 AM
      Hi all,

      Question please, which muscles are involved in the dead lift, and the stiff legged dead lift. Am I right in saying that the Lats are used far more, and the quads used far less in the stiff legged dead lift, but too what extent please. Like to see if I am right on several things here, and too learn more. Thank you for your time and help in advance.

      Wayne
    • Wayne
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25 3:19 PM
        --- In sportscience@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <waynegr@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Question please, which muscles are involved in the dead lift, and the stiff legged dead lift. Am I right in saying that the Lats are used far more, and the quads used far less in the stiff legged dead lift, but too what extent please. Like to see if I am right on several things here, and too learn more. Thank you for your time and help in advance.
        >
        > Wayne

        Thank you for the reply,

        I was hoping the stiff legged dead lift, and I do really mean totally locked knees, would work the lats just as much as regular stiff legged dead lifts. As Friday I do 8 x 8 squats, adding weight to each set with 2 minutes in-between sets, then dead lifts 5 x 5 same weights, with 2 minutes rest between sets, then on Mondays I was doing the same. But was thinking with the dead lifts again, it might be too much for legs and back, and, as I work upper back on Tuesdays, something like this, rows 10 x 3, rows 5 x 20, pulldown 2 x 20, I was thinking of stopping dead lifts on the Monday, and adding, obviously lighter say ??? 40% light stiff legged dead lifts for my last exercise. Thus wanted to know if the dead lifts and stiff legged dead lift, let's say with the same weight, worked the last as much, or more, and how much would they be worked to the heavy dead lifts with the stiff legged dead lifts 40% lighter ??? Sorry that's does sound a confusing, and I have a reputation of over writing and not simplifying things, as "some" People know here, SORRY. Been training from about 10, and now a young 52, know many things about training, and have my own fully equipped Gym, many Nautilus machines, Smith machine, pulleys and lots of free weights, but until about 6 months ago, never did dead lifts, so thought I would be best to ask. Lats and legs are stronger and bigger now, but still.

        Wayne