Assistant Prof., job opportunity in Atlanta GA
- View Source
THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FITNESS MANAGEMENT at Clayton State University is seeking applicants for an Assistant Professor of Health & Fitness Management. The successful candidate will contribute to the growth and development of the new program in Health & Fitness Management and meet the following criteria:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
1. Possess a Doctoral degree in exercise physiology or related fields.
2. Demonstrate the ability to teach courses in kinesiology, principles of fitness, substance use, exercise physiology, exercise testing & prescription at the undergraduate level, serve on university committees, supervise internships, and advise in the discipline.
3. Demonstrate the ability to conduct research, develop grants, and publish.
4. Experience and background working with BIOPAC research and student hardware and software.
5. Ability to work independently on the development of contemporary health & fitness management courses (online, hybrid, seated) and labs at the undergraduate level.
6. Possess the following certifications: CSCS and/or RCEP
7. Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population.
8. Commitment to active learning and the use of technology and on-line delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Teaching a variety of courses in the health & fitness management program (12 credit hours/ semester).
- Research and scholarly activity leading to presentations and publications.
- Advisement of students (40+ per semester).
- Participation in service to the Department, School, University, and Community.
- Membership and participation in professional associations related to the discipline.
THE POSITION is an academic year, tenure-track appointment that reports to the Director of Health Fitness Management. The position will be available for the fall 2012 to U.S. residents or U.S. citizens.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive with comparable programs.
For additional information about the Program of Health & Fitness Management please visit: http://a-s.clayton.edu/science/HFM/default.htm
Applications are being received immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and the contact information for three current references to Dr. Melanie Poudevigne, FACSM at mpoudevigne@...
On-Site Interviews at the National Conference for ACSM: please schedule a time during the conference by calling/emailing: 404-200-0767/ mpoudevigne@... or 706-296-7977/ ManningSabatier@...