Post Docs in Exercise Medicine, Perth, Australia

  • cailynrogers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15 11:19 PM

      Post Doctoral Research Fellow - Exercise Medicine

      Overview

      The Collaborative Research Networks (CRN) Program at Edith Cowan University aims to build productive research partnerships in four key areas of Health, Education, ICT and Environment.

      With CRN Funding provided by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, this exciting initiative will enable ECU to work with nine research intensive universities in Australia, and to attract national and international scholars and researchers across six projects to share their wealth of knowledge and experience.

      The Edith Cowan University Health and Wellness Institute has a successful and expanding research group focussing on the role of exercise in the prevention and management of chronic disease, encompassing outcomes relating to functional, physiological, cardiometabolic and psychosocial health. We have excellent facilities and extensive research activities in a collaborative and collegial working environment. Our reputation in exercise and cancer is internationally recognised.

      The successful applicants will work in conjunction with our CRN collaborators from The University of Queensland, The University of Western Australia and The University of Sydney in the following areas:

      • Integration of exercise and nutritional strategies for chronic disease management
      • Basic and applied research in exercise science for health and rehabilitation
      • Translational research in exercise as medicine

      You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University's values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.

      Benefits & Remuneration

      This full time, 3 year fixed term position attracts remuneration of $80,435 to $95,518 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.

      ECU supports a work/life balance for staff.  Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.

      For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Future Staff website.

      http://www.ecu.edu.au/future-staff/overview

      Contact

      Interested applicants are welcome to call Professor Robert Newton on 041 990 7774 or email r.newton@... for more information.

      How to Apply

      Please upload your CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria.