CO2 and calculation of VO2/VCO2

  • Chris Gore
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010

      Colleagues,

      With much discussion about increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere (Global Warming), should we be using 0.04% for inspired CO2 in the software of our gas analysis systems instead of 0.03%?

      The data that I could find suggests YES. Please see http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/

      Also, as a corollary, what are people using for the inspired percentage of O2? Is 20.93 still relevant?

      Cheers,

      Chris Gore

      Australian Institute of Sport

      Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit www.ausport.gov.au

      This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.