PhD Scholarships 2009 - University of Birmingham

  • medw23
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 10:55 AM
      Dear all,

      I would like to bring the following to your attention.

      The School of Sport and Exercise Sciences in the College of Life and Environmental Sciences at University of Birmingham (UK) currently has 9 School funded and 5 BBSRC funded PhD Scholarships open to applicants from the European Union (EU; due to fee funding constraints), and a further 25 bursaries available to applicants from outside of the EU.

      The School is one of the leading research departments in the UK, as reflected by the recent Research Assessment Exercise that rated 60% of the research activity of world-leading standard. As part of the School's commitment to research excellence, it is offering these awards for three years. The starting date is aimed at October 2009, although programmes of study commencing at a later date will be considered in exceptional circumstances. We require that applicants have a good Honours degree (at least 2.1 or equivalent) and an English qualification (e.g., GCSE, IELTS etc.).

      Details of these funds are presented on our website:
      http://www.sportex.bham.ac.uk/postgrad/prospective/studentships.shtml

      General enquiries should be directed to Dr. Martin Edwards, Postgraduate Admissions Tutor (M.Edwards.1@...) or to Val Queeley, Admissions Secretary (tel: 0121 414 4115).

      Many thanks for reading this posting.
      Yours Sincerely