- Dear all, As is often the case in Italy, things happen very quickly and with very little notice! As there were no applicants for our international PhD positionMessage 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2008View Source
As is often the case in Italy, things happen very quickly and with very little notice!
As there were no applicants for our international PhD position for the year 2009, it has been re-advertised, with a deadline of January 9, 2009 (the application needs to be postmarked in the country of origin before that date).
If you know of any bright young students who may be interested in doing a PhD with me in Italy on a project entitled “Factors determining training-induced changes in mitochondrial respiration and endurance performance”, please forward this e-mail to them and suggest that they submit an application.
The information is in both English and Italian at the following site: http://www.univr.it/main?ent=catdoc&id=2093&idDest=2&sServ=68&serv=65&ssServ=127&lang=it
In addition to posting the application BEFORE January 9, the applicants should forward a pdf of their application to me.
All the best for Christmas and the New Year,
Assoc. Prof. David Bishop PhD, FAAESS, FACSM
Facoltà di Scienze Motorie
Università degli Studi di Verona
via Casorati 43, Verona, 37131
ph: +39 045 842 5112
fax: +39 045 842 5131
Verona-Ghirada Team Sport Conference: 7-8 Giugno/June 2008
Dal laboratorio al campo….From the laboratory to the field…
P Please consider the environment before you print this e-mail or any attachments.
- Dear all, A 3 year funded PhD course in Exercise and Sport Science has been advertised, with a deadline of 15 September 2010 (the application needs to beMessage 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010View SourceDear all,
A 3 year funded PhD course in Exercise and Sport Science has been advertised, with a deadline of 15 September 2010 (the application needs to be delivered within that date).
If you know of any bright young students who may be interested in doing a PhD with me in Italy on a project entitled "Biomechanical and physiological adaptations to handcycling", please forward this e-mail to them and suggest that they submit an application.
Short description: Handcycling (handbike), as a form of exercise and sport, elicits on subjects' psychophysical health short to medium term effects, which deserve to be investigated. That may be performed by means of some studies both in ecologic context and biomechanics laboratory. Preliminary measurements may include motion capture, force measures, EMG and ventilatory measures by means of optoelectronic, SRM and sEMG systems, GPS receivers and portable metabograph, blood essays and echocardiographic measures. Adequate quantity and quality of subjects is already available. Studies may be performed together with other researchers belonging to national and/or foreign institutions.
Essential requirements: aptitude in mathematical/computer methods, a good Master-equivalent (5 y) degree in a biological/mathematical/engineering/medicine/sport science discipline, enthusiasm, experience in experimental physiology-biomechanics, data collection and analysis.
Desirable requirements: a technical background, programming skills (LabVIEW).
The information is in both English and Italian at the following site (read carefully):
Before and in addition to posting the application, the applicants should send me 1) their extended CV, 2) an informal letter about their reasons to apply for a PhD studentship to work on the above cited topic with me and 3) their application form filled.
1. Nardello F., Ardigò L. P., Minetti A. E. (2010) Measured and predicted mechanical internal work in human locomotion. Hum. Mov. Sci. (accepted for publication);
2. Ardigò L. P. (2009) Low-Cost Match Analysis of Italian Sixth and Seventh Division Soccer Refereeing. J. Strength Cond. Res. 2009 Nov. 26, doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181b2c82a;
3. Capelli C., Ardigò L. P., Schena F., Zamparo P. (2008) Energy cost and mechanical efficiency of riding a human-powered recumbent bicycle. Ergonomics Oct., 51(10): 1565-75;
4. Minetti A. E., Ardigò L. P., McKee T. (2007) Keystroke dynamics and timing: accuracy, precision and difference between hands in pianist's performance. J. Biomech. 40(16): 3738-43. Epub 2007 Jul. 27;
5. Mian O. S., Thom J. M., Ardigò L. P., Minetti A. E., Narici M. V. (2007) Gastrocnemius muscle-tendon behaviour during walking in young and older adults. Acta Physiol. (Oxf.) Jan., 189(1): 57-651. Capelli C., Ardigò L. P., Schena F., Zamparo P. (2008) Energy cost and mechanical efficiency of riding a human-powered recumbent bicycle. Ergonomics Oct., 51(10): 1565-75;
6. Ardigò L. P., Goosey-Tolfrey V. L., Minetti A. E. (2005) Biomechanics and energetics of basketball wheelchairs evolution. Int. J. Sports Med. Jun., 26(5): 388-96;
7. Ardigò L. P., Saibene F., Minetti A. E. (2003) The optimal locomotion on gradients: walking, running or cycling? Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. Oct., 90(3-4): 365-71.
Luca P. Ardigò PhD
Faculty Of Exercise and Sports Science
University of Verona
43, via Felice Casorati
off. +39 045 842 5117
fax +39 045 842 5131