  • Will Hopkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2007
      Thanks to the four people who replied to my request for useful links,
      as below. They suggested a podcast, a blog, and two websites. I
      think I will use the links to the blog and podcast.

      The podcast looked and sounded slick, but I had too much to do to listen for more than a few minutes.

      The blog had links to other blogs, including one on running by Amby
      Burfoot! So far I've had no time for more than a quick squizz. Getting them by email seems to be a reasonable option to keep
      up with current news and opinions.

      The brianmac site appears to be a comprehensive accessible training
      site, high on content and low on hype.

      The istadia website appeared to be offering some kind of
      networking/marketing service rather than content.

      Please get back to me with any other interesting podcasts, blogs, or sites.

      Will

      From: Gordon Chalmers
      I have found the new web site hosted by Bill Kraemer and others to be
      interesting and a unique learning opportunity, listening to the
      training views of strength and conditioning coaches of professional
      teams (American so far).
      http://www.sphour.com/
      Also, video demonstrations of some exercises for students to see.
      The audio recordings are also available as pod casts at iTunes.

      From: "Burfoot, Amby"
      Will: If you haven't already seen this. I don't know
      how they're going to keep up their output, but these
      two seem to have a lot of energy.
      http://scienceofsport.blogspot.com

      From: spscmorr
      This website may be of interest to you: http://www.brianmac.co.uk It
      has lots of information related to sports physiology.

      From: Rob Robson
      I saw your post on the sportscience Yahoo group about useful links.
      I'd really appreciate it if you could link to iStadia.com. I think it
      could be a really valuable resource for anyone interested in sport
      science, to develop their network or market themselves.
      I'm more than happy to give you more information about us - but
      basically myself and my business partner (Keith Irving) are sport
      pscyhologists and are keen to create a global community of sport and
      exercise professionals. We are a business and eventually will
      probably charge for a premium membership, but people wil always be
      able to access the site and some form of membership for free.
      Have a look around at http://www.istadia.com
    • Duncan J Macfarlane
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2007
        Dear List members
        Our new sportscience/rehab clinic in Hong Kong needs a reliable/valid
        automated gas analysis system and we are considering a range of
        options (such as Oxycon, Cortex, Parvo, Medgraphics etc). I am
        familiar with most of these systems, except the latest Medgraphics
        CPX Ultima (it does more than we need and is certainly not the
        cheapest, but many labs/hospitals in HK have it and some
        compatibility is a bonus, but not critical). Could anyone on the
        list send any comments on how they have found the reliability (and
        ideally the validity) of the CPX Ultima (no one seems to have
        published a study on this - but brutally honest anecdotal comments
        from users are often even more valuable). If you own/use one of
        these, can you please send a brief comment to me on how good is it,
        any problems, and with the benefit of hindsight would you buy another
        one?
        Any help much appreciated.
        Regards
        Dr Duncan Macfarlane