Post-doctoral Research Fellowship - Brunel University (UK)

  • Lee Romer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2007
      Post-doctoral Research Fellowship - Brunel University (UK)

      School of Sport and Education

      The School of Sport and Education is made up of the Sport Sciences and Education subject areas, which have consistently been rated highly in national league tables. This reflects a strong tradition in Sport and Education coupled with significant recent investment in state-of-the-art sports and laboratory facilities for research and teaching. The School offers a vibrant, dynamic environment in which to research and teach. There is a stimulating mix of new researchers working alongside more experienced colleagues.

      As part of our vision for 2012, within Sport Sciences we are looking to continue develop our critical mass in our three key areas: Sport Psychology and Coaching; Social Sciences; Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics (University Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance),

      Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Sport and Exercise Physiology

                              Vacancy Ref:    ABA 0120-2

      Salary:         Grade 1A / II £23,216 – £41,326 pa incl. London Weighting.

      The successful candidate will join the Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance housed within Sport Sciences. Members of the Centre are active in a number of areas of research including; cardiovascular, respiratory and muscle physiology. We are ideally seeking to strengthen further these areas of research with the addition of complimentary expertise. The post-holder will be expected to engage in the full range of normal research related activities, including; the production of international quality research, securing research funding, and the supervision of students undertaking research. There will also be the opportunity to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level where appropriate.   For an informal discussion about the post and its requirements, please contact Dr. Rob Shave (rob.shave@...).

      Closing date for applications:  20th of July 2007

      Application forms must be completed for all positions, for a downloadable application form and further details please visit the Brunel web pages. Alternatively e-mail to recruitaba@... quoting the vacancy reference number and post title in the subject line. You can also return your application by post to the address below, quoting the vacancy reference on the envelope: Human Resources, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH