Neural recovery and adaptation

  • luca_cardilli
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 8:24 AM
      Hi there, this is Luca Cardilli writing to enquiry about the
      physiological mechanisms of neural recovery and adaptation following
      intense weight lifting and body building training.

      The subject is controversial because it is well known that muscles
      need a certain time to recover after intense weight lifting training
      (Fleck,1999) but it is less known indeed, that also a neural recovery
      should be occurring in order to increase strength performances.

      I was not able to find any useful or reliable information on this
      subject, neither on exercise physiology text books nor on the net.
      The few information I managed to gather was not concerning on weight
      lifting and strenght training. Moreover, the only experimental data I
      found were obtained by using mice as subjects instead of athletes.

      Is there anybody with a certain experience on matter?

      Best regards,

      Luca Cardilli.
      Oxford (UK)