Gas analysers

  • akwrobinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2004
      Dear Group

      we are using a non mass spec bxb system which obviously does not
      enable the calculation of expired nitrogen. I wondered how others
      expressed gas exchange when all algorithms seem dependent on the
      direct measurement of nitrogen? I've corresponded with the company
      but all they seem to be able to tell me is that bxb VO2 is calculated
      by haldane transformation.

      Is this correct (and acceptable?) and if so, what are opinions about
      adequate smoothing processes for bxb analysis in electrochemical
      systems.

      I would be very grateful for advice.

      Adrian Robinson