Software for automatic determination of ventilatory threshold?

  • Panteleimon Ekkekakis <ekkekaki@yahoo.gr>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2003
      Does anyone know of a source of software or computer code for the
      automatic determination of the ventilatory threshold (VT)?

      For example, several papers mention that they used the computerized
      method proposed by Beaver et al. in 1986. Has anyone heard of or used
      the actual computer program developed by Beaver et al.? Or other
      similar programs (e.g., Orr et al., 1982; Dickstein et al., 1990)?

      I emphasize that I am not talking about the methods for the
      determination of the VT found in packaged metabolic analysis software
      programs that ship with various ergospirometry systems (e.g.,
      Medgraphics, Cosmed, ParvoMed, etc). These programs do not reveal any
      information about the exact methods they use or the details of their
      calculations. I am talking about stand-alone (off-line) computer
      programs that implement published methods for the determination of
      the VT.

      Any help will be greatly appreciated.

      --Paddy Ekkekakis
      --Iowa State University