Re: training for ultra endurance races

  • ewen rennie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2002
      There is a Road Runners Club Booklet on "Training for ultras"

      I think they have a website.

      Ewen Rennie
      Cosmics
      Aberdeen
    • Vincent Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2002
        Hello Gary,

        Here are two studies from my lab where we studied alteration of
        neuromuscular function and energy cost after long distance running (2h to
        7h). In my mind, one key point of ultramarathon induced fatigue is that
        active muscles are submitted to repeated lengthening contractions,
        especially if the race involves a high altitude difference. This could have
        important implications for conditioning which should involve eccentric
        training of the lower limbs.