Inverse Dynamics and Reaction Vector Technique

  • Mark Waters by way of Will Hopkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002

      Hi,

      I'm currently studying difference methods of measuring forces within gait movements and so far have found 3 seperate techniques : Inverse Dynamics, Reaction Vector Technique and Force Transducer, that will enable accurate estimations of internal moments and forces throughout the body.  I am wishing to construct a literature review around Inverse Dynamics and Reaction Vector technique, yet research surrounding strengths and weaknesses of each technique is proving difficult to obtain.  I am hoping that someone could help me in my search for this literature, my current sources of literature include:

      Kuo, A.D. (1998). A least squares estimation approach to improving the precision of Inverse Dynamics Computations.  Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 120, 149-159.

      Le Fichoux-Chemli, B., Swider, P. and Mouzin, O. (1999).  Identification of non-linear transient behaviour of flexible structures:  Application to a golfer's swing.  Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing.  13.  509-522.

      Any help greatly appreciated. Especially in the form of review articles.  Hopefully on the completion of the review, it will enable myself to construct a computer program, with the purpose of examining gait in respect to digital analysis and force interactions.

      Thanks Mark Waters

      MSc student University of Teesside, Uk.

      Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. Click Here