Stats session, ACSM 2001

  • Will Hopkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      Yes, believe it or not, submissions for symposia, colloquia, and the
      like have to be in by June 20 for next year's meeting of the American
      College of Sports Medicine in Baltimore, May 30 to June 2.

      Ian Shrier <ishrier@...> has suggested a mini-symposium
      entitled "New Trends in Statistics for Epidemiologists". The
      objective is to teach the fundamental concepts in generalized
      estimating equations, survival analysis, and path analysis. He would
      like suggestions for speakers for these topics. He is prepared to do
      survival analysis, if no-one else can.

      We also need something for experimental exercise scientists. See
      below for some ideas that are already floating around. Please email
      me about which of these or any other topics you would like to see at
      Baltimore. The format would probably be a multi-speaker workshop
      presentation of the kind that has been well attended and appreciated
      in the past. Preferably we want three or more topics that hang
      together.

      Volunteers or suggestions for speakers for these or other topics
      would also be welcome. For reasons of economy the conference
      organizers prefer speakers who are members of ACSM.

      Bayesian Analysis: updating your beliefs.

      Individual Responses to a Treatment: responders and non-responders

      Coping with Bad Residuals: log transformation, rank transformation
      (non-parametric analyses), logistic regression.

      The Best Measure of Reliability/Validity: standard error of
      measurement/estimate, limits of agreement, or correlation?

      How to Teach Statistics to Undergraduates

      Your Suggestion:

      Your Suggestion:

      Please respond!

      Will Hopkins