MSSE press release embargo

  • Adele Weston
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2000
      I noticed on recent MSSE acceptance letters that authors are prohibited from "releasing any information in any form that is contained within their accepted manuscript until after publication".

      Given that MSSE currently has nearly a year lag between final acceptance and publication, and the embargo includes "internet, newspaper, television, magazine or any other publication", I think this is outrageous.

      Hardly a healthy environment for rapid dissemination of knowledge!

      Does anyone else agree and do we have any rights as authors.  And does this include  academic meetings/conferences, teaching purposes etc etc.

      Regards
      Adele

      Adele Weston  PhD
      Senior Researcher