Sites for employment/job/grad opportunities

  • Sportsci Website
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2000
      Someone just sent a message to the Sportscience list enquiring about
      grad opportunities or jobs for newly-graduating sport-science
      students. As in the past, I discarded the message because of the
      concern that we would be flooded by such requests. (I replied to the
      sender, of course.) But it made me realize that we don't have any
      job-related links at sportsci.org for grads or the more experienced
      sport scientists and academics.

      Below is a list of all the job-related links that people have sent to
      the list lately. If anyone has found any of these to be particularly
      valuable, or if you have any other links you would recommend, please
      let me know. I will then make a page at sportsci.org. If someone
      already has a summary of links, I'll point to your site from
      sportsci.org.

      While I have your attention... As a moderator of this list, I
      recently came in for criticism for asking a person to include
      evidence of a lit search in their message requesting information.
      The info could easily have been got from a Medline search. I presume
      the list in general still wants to keep this policy in place? In
      other words, share with us the info you have when you ask for more?
      This policy applies only to topics that can be searched.

      Sometimes people want info about fitness tests or whatever that would
      be available only on SportDiscus. The trouble is, not everyone has
      access to SportDiscus, and you can't access if for free on the Web.
      In that case, please say that you can't access it, and try to
      elaborate your message into something more that just a bald request
      for information or references. Tell us what you already know or
      suspect, and be specific about the kind of information you want and
      why. In other words, make it interesting and scientific. You'll get
      a better response that way.

      Will Hopkins
      for the moderators

      Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999
      From: leighg@...
      Subject: Info about listings jobs, conferences, etc. on web

      This is just a note to let you know about the free physical activity job,
      association, link, and conference listings available on the new Human Kinetics
      Web site (http://www.humankinetics.com).

      Please see especially:
      https://www.humankinetics.com/careers/
      https://www.humankinetics.com/events/
      https://www.humankinetics.com/associations/

      Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999
      From: Mcsiff@...
      Subject: JOB RESOURCES

      Here is an extensive collection of websites to help those who may be looking
      for jobs or changes in their current jobs...

      GENERAL ADVICE & INFORMATION

      http://www.asktheheadhunter.com/
      http://www.careermag.com/
      http://www.fastcompany.com/career/

      GENERAL JOB SITES

      http://www.job-hunt.org/
      http://www.smartbiz.com/sbs/careers.htm
      http://www.jobsonline.com/SeekerRegistration.asp
      http://www.excite.com/work/
      http://coe.etsu.edu/departments/pexs/atep/job-grad.htm
      http://international.monster.com/index.asp

      http://www.monster.com/
      http://www.joboptions.com/esp/plsql/espan_enter.espan_home
      http://new.careerpath.com/
      http://www.cweb.com/
      http://www.careermosaic.com/
      http://www.careerbuilder.com/
      http://www.americasemployers.com/

      http://home.netscape.com/netcenter/newsletter/easy1999.html?cp=leb03fstr
      http://cbdnet.access.gpo.gov/
      http://www.4work.com/
      http://www.careerlab.com/
      http://home.digitalcity.com/employment/
      http://www.dbm.com/jobguide/

      http://www.ajb.dni.us/
      http://www.starthere.com/jobs/
      http://www.careercity.com/
      http://www.aboutwork.com/
      http://www.1-Jobs.com/
      http://www.bestjobsusa.com/

      http://www.careerexchange.com/
      http://www.careershop.com/
      http://www.jobbroadcasting.com/insight/jobs/
      http://www.jobbankusa.com/
      http://www.CareersColorado.com/
      http://www.denverjobs.com/

      PHYSICAL ACTIVITY & RELATED CAREERS

      http://www.hkusa.com/infok/classads/classads.htm (Physical Activity)
      http://espn.go.com/editors/specialsections/careers/index.html (Sports
      Careers)
      http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/CareerCenter.html (Sports Jobs)
      http://coe.etsu.edu/departments/pexs/atep/job-grad.htm (Athletic Training)
      http://www.academploy.com/ (Academic Jobs)
      http://www.csufresno.edu/pehp/programs/opera/ (Physical Education)

      Date: Sun, 14 May 2000
      From: Robert Heppe <rheppe@...>
      Subject: Over 30 Job Postings on our Bulletin Board

      [I] wanted to let you know that there are over 30 biomechanics related job
      postings at

      http://www.biosolutions.net

      Ken Daley's latest Newsletter:
      INTERNET TOOLS AND SITES: Educational Jobs

      http://E-PLOY.COM
      [I just tried this one and it didn't work. -Will]