Re: SplashID 4.07 download available

  • akaikai
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hello Justin,
      I got the same error as Marshall but fixed it some how with your
      suggestion. Prior to your suggestion, I've tried uninstalling and
      reinstalling. Didn't work.

      1. Turn on organizer sync (in my case, lotus notes)
      2. Sync. I get the same error: "Synchronization Failed. Error while
      communicating with handheld device."
      3. Turn on organizer sync.
      4. Sync. Fixed.

      Very odd. But hope this helps others.

      Kai

      --- In splashdatablackberry@yahoogroups.com, SplashData
      <moderator@...> wrote:

      > Please try disabling the Organizer Sync check box in the BlackBerry
      Desktop
      > Manager before the next sync and let me know if that works.
      >
      > --Justin
      > SplashData
      >

      > On 11/24/07 3:43 PM, "m_r_fuss" <mrfuss@...> wrote:
      >

      > > --- In splashdatablackberry@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:splashdatablackberry%40yahoogroups.com> , SplashData

      > > for
      > >
      > > Justin, I upgraded today to SplashID 4 and installed 4.07 on both my
      > > desktop (XP) and BlackBerry Curve (T-Mobile). It seems to be working
      > > fine on my desktop, but will not sync to the BB. I have rebooted both
      > > the desktop and the BB (removed battery), confirmed the same ID on
      > > both, confirmed the same password on both.
      > >
      > > Each time my Outlook syncs perfectly, but as soon as Desktop Manager
      > > gets to SplashID, I get "Synchronization Failed. Error while
      > > communicating with handheld device. Please reconnect device and try
      > > again." I "reconnect," retry and get the same message.
      > >
      > > Help! (please)
      > >
      > > Marshall

    • akaikai
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2008
        The Group has been quiet on this issue recently. Has there been any
        updates to fix the problem of BB Splash ID not being able to sync?
        It's quite a frustrating issue for me. Thanks for looking into it.

        <moderator@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jeffrey,
        >
        > I am going to forward this issue to the developer for ideas, as I cannot
        > reproduce it here.
        >
        > --Justin
        > SplashData
        >

        > On 11/29/07 9:44 AM, "yahoo@..." <yahoo@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Justin,
        > >
        > > I just tried this and SplashID 4.07 will not sync - I still get the
        > > message below!
        > >
        > > I am "glad" to see someone else has this problem. Not that I am
        glad it
        > > exists, but, I was beginning to this is was just MY BB. And I
        really use
        > > this program!!!!! and 4.x made it way better!
        > >
        > > I cannot go with 4.3 as it no longer supports Outlook 2000 and I
        cannot
        > > update it (will NOT uninstall as I already tried).
        > >
        > > Jeffrey

        > >> <mailto:splashdatablackberry%40yahoogroups.com>

        SplashID 4

        Desktop Manager

      • SplashData
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2008
          Yes, in fact I spoke to the developers about it today.

          They have suggested you try the previous version. First, export a backup of
          your data:

          File > Export > SplashID vID

          Then uninstall.

          To delete SplashID from your desktop:
          1. Open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
          2. Select SplashID and click Change/Remove.

          To delete SplashID from your BlackBerry:

          To remove the handheld application:
          1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and launch the Application Loader.
          2. Uncheck SplashID from the list, then click Next. SplashID will be
          removed, and the BlackBerry will restart.
          3. After the BlackBerry has restarted, launch the Application Loader again.
          4. Select SplashID from the list and click the Delete button, then click
          Next.

          Then install this version:

          http://splashdata.com/Downloads/beta/SplashID4-BDM42.exe

          Please let me know if that helps.

          -Justin
          SplashData

        • yahoo@krzysztow.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 7, 2008
            I put 3.x back on, all syncing great.

            Removed it.

            Put this new version on.

            No syncing at all.

            Error about not finding device.

            I guess I am going back to 3.x. It works. Not happy! Though, I did not
            pay to upgrade to 4.x on the Palm either as I was waiting for this.
            Really hope this gets worked out as I rather use version 4.

            Jeffrey

          • Renee & David Wibright
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 7, 2008
              I had the same problem.

              Renee

              On Feb 7, 2008 9:56 AM, <yahoo@...> wrote:

              I put 3.x back on, all syncing great.

              Removed it.

              Put this new version on.

              No syncing at all.

              Error about not finding device.

              I guess I am going back to 3.x. It works. Not happy! Though, I did not
              pay to upgrade to 4.x on the Palm either as I was waiting for this.
              Really hope this gets worked out as I rather use version 4.

              Jeffrey

              SplashData said the following on 2/6/2008 4:34 PM:

              > Yes, in fact I spoke to the developers about it today.
              >
              > They have suggested you try the previous version. First, export a backup of
              > your data:
              >
              > File > Export > SplashID vID
              >
              > Then uninstall.
              >
              > To delete SplashID from your desktop:
              > 1. Open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
              > 2. Select SplashID and click Change/Remove.
              >
              > To delete SplashID from your BlackBerry:
              >
              > To remove the handheld application:
              > 1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and launch the Application Loader.
              > 2. Uncheck SplashID from the list, then click Next. SplashID will be
              > removed, and the BlackBerry will restart.
              > 3. After the BlackBerry has restarted, launch the Application Loader again.
              > 4. Select SplashID from the list and click the Delete button, then click
              > Next.
              >
              > Then install this version:
              >
              > http://splashdata.com/Downloads/beta/SplashID4-BDM42.exe
              >
              > Please let me know if that helps.
              >
              > -Justin
              > SplashData
              >

              > On 2/6/08 7:40 AM, "akaikai" <akaikai@...> wrote:
              >

              >> The Group has been quiet on this issue recently. Has there been any
              >> updates to fix the problem of BB Splash ID not being able to sync?
              >> It's quite a frustrating issue for me. Thanks for looking into it.
              >>
              >> --- In splashdatablackberry@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:splashdatablackberry%40yahoogroups.com> , SplashData
              >> <moderator@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi Jeffrey,
              >>>
              >>> I am going to forward this issue to the developer for ideas, as I cannot
              >>> reproduce it here.
              >>>
              >>> --Justin
              >>> SplashData

              >> glad it

              >> really use

              >> cannot

              >> SplashID 4

              >> on both my

              >> be working

              >> rebooted both

              >> same ID on

              >> Desktop Manager

              >> and try

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • SplashData
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 7, 2008
                Re: [splashdatablackberry] Re: SplashID 4.07 download available One thing might help that a user named Gary came up with today, which affects dual-processor systems at least.

                Just use the task manager - right click on the task bar and select "Task Manager".

                Click on the process tab and find the BbDevMgr.exe image.

                Right click on the BbDevMgr image and select "Set Affinity".

                You will see a long list of CPUs, most of which are disabled. In a dual processor system, both CPU0 and CPU1 will be checked. Simply un-select CPU1. Click on OK and you're good to go.

                The only downside to this is that you need to do this every time you log into the system. So long as you stay logged in, the setting will "stick".

                On 2/7/08 5:23 PM, "Renee & David Wibright" <drvja2000@...> wrote:

                I had the same problem.

                Renee

                On Feb 7, 2008 9:56 AM,  <yahoo@...> wrote:

                I put 3.x back on, all syncing great.

                Removed it.

                Put this new version on.

                No syncing at all.

                Error about not finding device.

                I guess I am going back to 3.x. It works. Not happy! Though, I did not
                pay to upgrade to 4.x on the Palm either as I was waiting for this.
                Really hope this gets worked out as I rather use version 4.

                Jeffrey

                SplashData said the following on 2/6/2008 4:34 PM:

                > Yes, in fact I spoke to the developers about it today.
                >
                > They have suggested you try the previous version. First, export a backup of
                > your data:
                >
                > File > Export > SplashID vID
                >
                > Then uninstall.
                >
                > To delete SplashID from your desktop:
                > 1. Open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
                > 2. Select SplashID and click Change/Remove.
                >
                > To delete SplashID from your BlackBerry:
                >
                > To remove the handheld application:
                > 1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and launch the Application Loader.
                > 2. Uncheck SplashID from the list, then click Next. SplashID will be
                > removed, and the BlackBerry will restart.
                > 3. After the BlackBerry has restarted, launch the Application Loader again.
                > 4. Select SplashID from the list and click the Delete button, then click
                > Next.
                >
                > Then install this version:
                >
                > http://splashdata.com/Downloads/beta/SplashID4-BDM42.exe
                >
                > Please let me know if that helps.
                >
                > -Justin
                > SplashData
                >

                > On 2/6/08 7:40 AM, "akaikai" <akaikai@... <mailto:akaikai%40yahoo.com> > wrote:
                >

                >> The Group has been quiet on this issue recently.  Has there been any
                >> updates to fix the problem of BB Splash ID not being able to sync?
                >> It's quite a frustrating issue for me.  Thanks for looking into it.
                >>
                >> --- In splashdatablackberry@yahoogroups.com <mailto:splashdatablackberry%40yahoogroups.com>
                >> <mailto:splashdatablackberry%40yahoogroups.com> , SplashData
                >> <moderator@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi Jeffrey,
                >>>
                >>> I am going to forward this issue to the developer for ideas, as I cannot
                >>> reproduce it here.
                >>>
                >>> --Justin
                >>> SplashData

                >> glad it

                >> really use

                >> cannot

                >> SplashID 4

                >> on both my

                >> be working

                >> rebooted both

                >> same ID on

                >> Desktop Manager

                >> and try

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • splashdata
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
                  Thanks for your patience while we worked on this elusive sync error in SplashID for
                  BlackBerry.

                  Please remove the current desktop installation (no need to remove the BlackBerry version):

                  To delete SplashID from your desktop:
                  1. Open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
                  2. Select SplashID for BlackBerry and click Change/Remove.

                  Then install the new build, 4.11:

                  http://splashdata.com/Downloads/beta/SplashID-BB-4.11.exe

                  After you have installed it, restart the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and try to sync
                  SplashID. You should be able to sync now with a password set as expected.

                  Please let me know if you have success or failure.

                  Thanks,

                  --Justin
                  SplashData