"Find" feature in SplashID and SplashShopper

  • lacornista1
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
      I'm a long-time SplashWallet user on Palm and recently bought a
      BlackBerry. I'm using the trial of SplashWallet on my BB now and find
      some of the functionality to be not as user friendly as on the Palm.
      I'm wondering if there's something I just don't see? Going through this
      forum, people mention using the Find and Search features. Where are
      these items? I don't see them on the Menu or when I depress the
      trackball (8830).

      My chief issue with SplashID and SplashShopper on BB is that I have to
      scroll through hundreds of entries to get to an item rather than be
      able to just type in the first few characters to directly select an
      item like on the Palm version. Any suggestions as to how I can find the
      Find?

      Thanks,
      Linda
    • SplashData
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2007
        Re: [splashdatablackberry] "Find" feature in SplashID and SplashShopper Hi Linda,

        SplashID does have a Find field at the top of the window. SplashShopper does not have a find tool at this time, but we will probably be adding jump-to functionality by pressing a letter in a future update.

        --Justin
        SplashData

        On 9/3/07 12:36 PM, "lacornista1" <lacornista@...> wrote:

        I'm a long-time SplashWallet user on Palm and recently bought a
        BlackBerry. I'm using the trial of SplashWallet on my BB now and find
        some of the functionality to be not as user friendly as on the Palm.
        I'm wondering if there's something I just don't see? Going through this
        forum, people mention using the Find and Search features. Where are
        these items? I don't see them on the Menu or when I depress the
        trackball (8830).

        My chief issue with SplashID and SplashShopper on BB is that I have to
        scroll through hundreds of entries to get to an item rather than be
        able to just type in the first few characters to directly select an
        item like on the Palm version. Any suggestions as to how I can find the
        Find?

        Thanks,
        Linda

      • Robert Schumacher
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2007
          Any word on when the iPhone (online?) version of SplashID will be out, if indeed it's in the works?

          --
          Robert Schumacher
          subsailor@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2007
            Re: [splashdatablackberry] "Find" feature in SplashID and SplashShopper
            We do plan to support the iPhone soon, using a web based version of SplashID. Work has just recently begun.

            If you would like to be notified if and when an iPhone compatible version is available, please fill out this form:

            http://splashdata.com/support/iphone-me.htm

            --Justin
            SplashData

            On 9/3/07 12:36 PM, "lacornista1" <lacornista@mindspri ng.com <http://ng.com/> > wrote:

            I'm a long-time SplashWallet user on Palm and recently bought a
            BlackBerry. I'm using the trial of SplashWallet on my BB now and find
            some of the functionality to be not as user friendly as on the Palm.
            I'm wondering if there's something I just don't see? Going through this
            forum, people mention using the Find and Search features. Where are
            these items? I don't see them on the Menu or when I depress the
            trackball (8830).

            My chief issue with SplashID and SplashShopper on BB is that I have to
            scroll through hundreds of entries to get to an item rather than be
            able to just type in the first few characters to directly select an
            item like on the Palm version. Any suggestions as to how I can find the
            Find?

            Thanks,
            Linda

          • jkrzyszt
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 11, 2007
              Will this be enable for the Blackberry? Or even any Desktop Browser?

              This is significant if a web enabled version could exist securely.

              Jeffrey

              --- In splashdatablackberry@yahoogroups.com, SplashData
              <moderator@...> wrote:

              > We do plan to support the iPhone soon, using a web based version of
              > SplashID. Work has just recently begun.
              >
              > If you would like to be notified if and when an iPhone compatible
              version is
              > available, please fill out this form:
              >
              > http://splashdata.com/support/iphone-me.htm
              >
              > --Justin
              > SplashData

            • SplashData
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2007
                Re: [splashdatablackberry] iPhone version -or- web enabled version We are looking into adding web-sync functionality to the handheld versions, so that you would be able to sync your BlackBerry SplashID data with the web server version eventually. This would provide a great solution to Mac-BlackBerry users.

                --Justin
                SplashData

                --- In splashdatablackberry@yahoogroups.com <mailto:splashdatablackberry%40yahoogroups.com> , SplashData