Download Jagannatha Hora 7.61
Please download Jagannatha Hora 7.61 at
This fixes an important bug in JHora 7.6 (see 1 below). All the
bug-fixes and new features are listed below.
Also, an automatic update feature is added (no private data from your
computer is collected during an automatic update). Hopefully, this will
be the last time you have to manually download an update, unzip it and
Astrology & Spirituality Resources: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
Changes from 7.6 to 7.61:
(1) A bug in using the ayanamsa stored in preferences, applicable to all
ayanamsas except Lahiri and true Chitrapaksha ayanamsas, was introduced
in 7.6 as a side effect of adding fixed star based custom ayanamsa. It
is now fixed.
(2) An automatic update feature is added to JHora! JHora can update
itself in future, if you have an internet connection. You can of course
turn it off if you want, but there is no reason to. Only stable versions
will be used in auto update. Moreover, no private data is collected from
your computer during an auto update. Auto update makes it very simple
and easy for you to be upto date!
(3) The ability to choose a divisional chart is added in Kalachakra
dasa. For example, if you choose D-10 Moon, his divisional longitude is
used instead of rasi chart longitude.
(4) Sri SM Singh's version of Kalachakra dasa is added. Other available
Kalachakra dasa options are better labeled and explained in the
selection dialog box.
(5) In Tara dasa, an option is added to use Pt Sanjay Rath's teaching or
Parasara's definition. When using Pt Rath's teaching, a few new
calculation options are added based on recent suggestions from Pt Rath.
(6) Kshetra sphuta and beeja sphuta (useful for seeing fertility) are
added to the longitude display.
(7) Tithi sphuta (Moon-Sun), yoga sphuta (Moon+Sun) and Rahu Tithi
Sphuta (Rahu-Sun) are added to the longitude display.
(8) Pushkaramsa planets are listed now. Also, pushkara bhaga distance is
now listed for all planets and two options are supported - (a) Jataka
Parijatam definition and (b) Sri CS Patel's definition from "Nadi &
Navamsa Astrology". [Earlier only (b) was supported and only for Moon.]
(9) An option is added to choose Ta/Sc (as given in some versions of
BPHS) or Ge/Sg (as taught by Pt Rath) as the exaltation/debilitation
signs of nodes. This can affect the calculation of rasi dasas such as
Chara dasa and Narayana dasa.
(10) A bug is fixed in "longitude correlation window" (under transits)
and also it is made functionally complete (it was earlier not fully
functional). You can correlate transit rasi/divisional longitudes with
natal rasi/divisional longitudes and find close aspects, conjunctions,
trines and quadrants.
(11) The sum of longitudes of MD lord, AD lord etc (upto selected level)
is displayed in nakshatra dasas. Look for "Sum of longitudes of planets
upto this level" at the bottom of pop-up menu in nakshatra dasas. If a
nakshatra dasa of rasi chart is selected, longitides in rasi chart are
used. If a nakshatra dasa of a divisional chart is selected, divisional
longitudes are used. [Note: Longitudes of Rahu and Ketu are reckoned
from the end of the zodiac.]