Robert Tressell weekend

  • Dave Chesham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      Comrades,

      A reminder about the forthcoming Robert Tressell event this coming
      weekend in Hastings.

      The event will be covered by members on both Saturday and Sunday but
      there is always room for more.

      More information on:-

      http://www.1066.net/tressell/festival-2009.htm

      See you there!

      Regards,

      Campaigns
    • nickwhitespgb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        Members in the Hastings area (if there are any) may also be interested to
        know that the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill on sea will be "Creating our
        own Speakers Corner" that will run until 26 September. Topics include -

        4 July: "A discussion on the nature and essence of the origional Speakers
        Corner in London's Hyde Park."

        1 August: Milan Rai on "The origins of war and religion, and how that
        relates to current problems."

        8 August: Julian Porter on "direct democracy and participation."

        (These meetings are apparently being organised in conjunction with 'The
        Speakers Corner Trust', the organisation set up by Jack Straw to establish
        'Speakers Corners' all over the UK, their advisory committe includes one
        Stephen Coleman of the University of Leeds).

        If anyone fancies having a go, "some slots are still available". Contact
        _polly.gifford@..._ (mailto:polly.gifford@...)

      • groucoeng
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
          --- In spintcom@yahoogroups.com, nickwhitespgb@... wrote:

          > Members in the Hastings area (if there are any) may also be interested to
          > know that the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill on sea will be "Creating our
          > own Speakers Corner" that will run until 26 September. Topics include -
          >
          > 4 July: "A discussion on the nature and essence of the origional Speakers
          > Corner in London's Hyde Park."
          >
          > 1 August: Milan Rai on "The origins of war and religion, and how that
          > relates to current problems."
          >
          > 8 August: Julian Porter on "direct democracy and participation."
          >
          > (These meetings are apparently being organised in conjunction with 'The
          > Speakers Corner Trust', the organisation set up by Jack Straw to establish
          > 'Speakers Corners' all over the UK, their advisory committe includes one
          > Stephen Coleman of the University of Leeds).
          >
          > If anyone fancies having a go, "some slots are still available". Contact
          > _polly.gifford@..._ (mailto:polly.gifford@...)

          I've just dashed her off message

          Danny