A note to readers of this list.

  • Terry Neff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2002
      Please forgive the intrusion on this list. I have modified my web site and
      included the following note there and which I also wish to apply to any past
      postings of mine here:

      ===========
      Having recently received (June 14, 2002) a threat of legal action by a
      person associated with a "spiritual group", which I will not here name, I am
      removing reference to that group's name and founder (who is deceased) from
      this web site. Whether I am legally bound to do so or not I do not know,
      however, I do not wish to argue with this person or any other members of
      that group as it exists today.

      That I have the greatest respect for that group's founder and am
      thankful for the inner direction I gained from him is a fact of my own inner
      life and I feel no obligation to defend my feelings about him or his
      teachings as I understand them. That I am being threatened by a person
      associated with that group, seems to me entirely out of character when
      compared with my own memory and assessment of the character of that group's
      founder. That I was a member of that group for a short period of time many
      years ago is a fact of my life which I have never tried to hide and I
      believe that I can still legally refer to this fact in private. When I have
      referred to that group here and in postings on the Spinoza Slow-Reading
      lists at Yahoo I have used the name of that group and that of its founder.
      It is with regret that I cease to do so now (June 17, 2002).

      :-) Terry Neff (-:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~tneff/