Catholic Encyc online

  • ethel jean saltz
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
      http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14217a.htm

      Responds to ETHICS. I'm don't have the background to analyze it. Has anyone
      discussed this response to Spinoza's ETHICS? Any papers written on it.
      Seems like an interesting/educational thesis to me.

      --
      Be-ahavah oo-ve-shalom oo-ve-emet, Ethel Jean Saltz
      Mac(hiavelli)-Niet(zsche)-Spin(oza)-Gal(ileo), 5370/1609/393 A.G.(after
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
        Ethel and all:

        I corresponded with the New Advent people well over a year ago about the
        content of their encyclopedia. They still have not made their
        disclaimers obvious to their audience. Their online encyclopedia is
        based on old content derived from the Catholic Encyclopedia, dated
        1912. The reason being was to avoid copyright conflicts with the
        original publisher. There are many entries, though not necessarily the
        Spinoza entry, that would conflict with contemporary positions of the
        Catholic Church. The Spinoza material should be considered within a
        1912 frame of mind.