Definition of panentheism

  • John Willemsens
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Dear Frank,
      Your below posting is not clear to me.
      To what definition and 'crackpot' are you referring?
      Kind regards,
      John Willemsens.

      <<
      Dear Blake:
      I see where you are coming from on this "panentheism" bit. It
      occurred to me, just this morning, that the first post I saw on the
      Ethics board regarding "panentheism" was yours and that you seemed to
      be replying to something that wasn't there. So...I checked out the
      other board (had to join up to do so) and then the reference
      to "panentheism" provided by John Williamsem. Please note, and note
      well

      I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE DEFINITION OF PANENTHEISM PROVIDED AT THAT WEB SITE.

      I gave you my definition, but I assume you had been in a fire fight
      over on the other board and took my endorsement of "panentheism" to
      be an endorsement of that fraudulent definition.

      Please re-read my responses to you (on the Ethics board) and conclude
      what you will. If there is no possible definition of "panentheism"
      than the one given by the crackpot referred to, I will hereby cancel
      my previous statement and say that Spinoza ain't one of them.

      [I will post this on the other board as well...just in case there are
      those over there who might choose to align my prior position against
      yours.]

      Thanks for your forbearance...what there was of it.

      Frank

    • Blake McBride
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        At 11:11 AM 10/1/2002 +0200, you wrote:
        >Dear Frank,
        >Your below posting is not clear to me.
        >To what definition and 'crackpot' are you referring?
        >Kind regards,
        >John Willemsens.

        He and I are referring to the site you provided:
        http://www.websyte.com/alan/pan.htm

        Blake McBride

      • John Willemsens
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          Ah, yes, I remember Ethel asking for clarification of the term and me
          finding a random article on the internet.
          Kind regards,
          John.