Still together?

  • Michael Burkert
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      Is Spike still together? I thought someone said they
      were playing a show a few weeks ago for some benefit.

      What I don't understand is how Spike used to play
      shows every other week, and then as soon as they
      signed, all the local shows stopped. I mean, it's one
      thing to be on a national tour and not be around, but
      they didn't do much after the actual CD was released.
      The tour with Stereomud, and HedPe, and the Family
      Value shows were all BEFORE the CD came out, so what
      happened with playing shows AFTER the CD came out? I
      don't think everything can be blamed on the
      label.....if you have zero promotion, you have to play
      as often as you can, even if that means gettin in a
      van and doing it all yourself. I mean, you only
      release your first CD once, so why not keep
      playing/touring non-stop until something else comes up
      (even if it is just running through California all the
      time). You can break up at anytime, but you can only
      tour a new record for so long. I was at a show in
      Reno where Spike went over very well, and as far as I
      know, they never went back. Reno is only a four hour
      drive from the Bay Area.......anyway, like I asked
      before, is Spike still together? I would love to hear
      what Bill has been working on.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • shannon_s1k
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2002
        Spike 1000 is still together...we may be broke as fuck, but we are
        still playing music. I know we just kinda of dropped off the
        earth...but we had hoped that our previous label would have worked
        with us thru the slow times. Nope, they dropped us.
        No van...no tour.
        Imagine a bruise on your arm that appear mysteriously and how it
        never seems to fail that some fucker keeps punching you on that same
        bruise...well we are that bruise and we needed to heal a bit and
        toughen up for the battle ahead. Believe me it is going to be a
        fukcing battle after seeing some of the shit that the business is
        attempting to pass off and GOOD...fuck I just want to tour around and
        play to see that look in the eyes of the audience when they get lost
        and get the chance to feel.
        Never Fucking Stop,
      • rich speaks
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
          hey shannon,
          it's rich jazmin, just wanted to see what's been
          going down with you guys. so jeff is down here playing
          in a band. i haven't got a chance to talk to him yet
          but i'll probably run into him sometime soon. i'm glad
          that you guys got a drummer that kicks though. what's
          up with bill? it's like hit and miss with him. i
          talked to him a few weeks ago and i guess he wanted to
          go to bako and hang but i haven't heard from him
          since.
          well i have been having strange issues with labels
          also. my band Science, oh yeah... i'm playing with
          dennis shinn, the guy from sexart who wrote "blind"
          for korn, we showcased at the viper room in hollywood
          for a bunch of labels and industry people. we got a
          developement deal and a media deal, but the funny
          thing is that it all seems kinda like there's such a
          major catch to it all. they talk big about doing the
          epk, getting the house for recording, having this and
          that engineer and producer on board. it all sounds
          good to me, but bottom line, here i am sitting in my
          house, i have to work early in the morning and i'm
          still dreaming about a hamburger that i can't afford
          to eat right now. what the hell? i know it takes a few
          months to all kick in, and i know that we're only
          taking so much of the advance right now for tax
          purposes, but it just seems like i'm going to be
          busting my balls for somebody and just scraping by to
          keep myself alive for it.
          we have been thinking about some imprint labels.
          elementree, etc. i think that all the major labels are
          downsizing and that they're probably still over thier
          heads with the offers they are panning out. it's
          scary, and i'm starting to really understand where you
          guys might be sitting with it all. anyway, i really
          hope you guys get what you want. it's tough but good
          luck!
          rich

          http://faith.yahoo.com