Re: hello?

  • revoltsixsixsix
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2004
      --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Want" <chiahos@y...> wrote:
      > > by the way.. any progress on getting a real cd to be put out?
      >
      > I have nothing new to report.
      >
      > BTW: to the person who identified 'Break Thru' as
      > a spiderman cue: what episode did you hear that
      > one in? I don't recall ever hearing it ... seems
      > a bit too 'surfy' for spidey.
      >
      > Chris

      Yeah, I think that may have been me...I can't remember which
      episode...I'll have to check my files again...I think it was one of
      those beautiful hack jobs that spidey did, because I think only the
      first little bit was used..I'll have a look through my files and let
      you know.

      As for the guy in Winnipeg...I'm also in Winnipeg (by Grant Park),
      and I used to live in the North End (North Kildonan to be exact)...I
      was on my brothers radio show over Christmas and had a chance to play
      a whole set of clips from the episodes/original music/and the Mole
      City track!

      I've also been in touch with KPM/APM music and they have sent me a
      contract that I can sign to get full access to their music files to
      do more searching...it costs me nothing until I want to use the
      music, then there is a standard fee per needle drop (I think this may
      have been talked about before)...

      Hopefully we can all get this group back up and running again...still
      think that its an amazing idea for a release of original music...I'm
      on SoulSeek and the amount of Library Muisc I've found on there is
      unreal! I've already made myself 6 80 minute cd's of Library
      Music...and that's just some of the stuff from the KPM library that
      Ive managed to find....probably have another 2 discs worth! This
      music has got to be out there somewhere, hopefully I'll be able to
      find some more obscure stuff through KPM themselves...we'll see how
      it goes...

      Like I said, hopefully we can all get this group back up and running!

      Talk to you all later,

      Terence Fuller
    • Sean Smailes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
        Im also on Soulseek. Would it be possible to get your soulseek name so I can check some of that out??? Mine is kingkirby.

        thanks!

        > > by the way.. any progress on getting a real cd to be put out?
        >
        > I have nothing new to report.
        >
        > BTW: to the person who identified 'Break Thru' as
        > a spiderman cue: what episode did you hear that
        > one in? I don't recall ever hearing it ... seems
        > a bit too 'surfy' for spidey.
        >
        > Chris

        Yeah, I think that may have been me...I can't remember which
        episode...I'll have to check my files again...I think it was one of
        those beautiful hack jobs that spidey did, because I think only the
        first little bit was used..I'll have a look through my files and let
        you know.

        As for the guy in Winnipeg...I'm also in Winnipeg (by Grant Park),
        and I used to live in the North End (North Kildonan to be exact)...I
        was on my brothers radio show over Christmas and had a chance to play
        a whole set of clips from the episodes/original music/and the Mole
        City track!

        I've also been in touch with KPM/APM music and they have sent me a
        contract that I can sign to get full access to their music files to
        do more searching...it costs me nothing until I want to use the
        music, then there is a standard fee per needle drop (I think this may
        have been talked about before)...

        Hopefully we can all get this group back up and running again...still
        think that its an amazing idea for a release of original music...I'm
        on SoulSeek and the amount of Library Muisc I've found on there is
        unreal! I've already made myself 6 80 minute cd's of Library
        Music...and that's just some of the stuff from the KPM library that
        Ive managed to find....probably have another 2 discs worth! This
        music has got to be out there somewhere, hopefully I'll be able to
        find some more obscure stuff through KPM themselves...we'll see how
        it goes...

        Like I said, hopefully we can all get this group back up and running!

        Talk to you all later,

        Terence Fuller

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        Click to learn more... <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cql6lht/M=243273.4326031.5516772.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705018354:HM/EXP=1075680051/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.advertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1075593651586466>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4326031.5516772.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=761792295>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chris Want
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
          > I've also been in touch with KPM/APM music and they have sent me a
          > contract that I can sign to get full access to their music files to
          > do more searching...it costs me nothing until I want to use the
          > music, then there is a standard fee per needle drop (I think this may
          > have been talked about before)...

          Cool, I got turned down when I tried to get access.
          So far I've only seen 3 albums that have music
          from the right time period: #194, #325, and #326.

          Could you check out the following tracks?
          (some of them are unlikely, but these are
          the ones I've never heard)

          *** KPM 194:

          1 Big Tom Cat C Blackwell
          Late 50s or early 60s pop guitar feature.

          3 Let's Dance N Jenkins
          Fun pop vocal.

          6 Beautiful Girls N Jenkins
          West coast surfing vocals.

          8 Duke of Carnaby B Martin / P Coulter
          Satire on Mod fashion - vaudeville flavour.

          9 Setting the Trends B Martin / P Coulter
          Pop vocal in the style of The Beach Boys.

          13 Make it with Me J Moran
          Early flower power pop.

          14 Soft Winds G Giltrap
          Atmospheric psychedelic electric guitar feature.

          24 Blue Peter H Ashworth-Hope
          Children's television theme.

          25 Captain Pugwash J Pearson
          Children's television theme featuring solo accordian.

          37 Soul Organ Blues A Hawkshaw
          Sleazy, late-night blues featuring Hammond organ combo.

          *** KPM 326:

          1 Mad March S Dale
          Lively comedy march.

          11 Mods and Rockers B Martin / P Coulter
          Driving fuzz box guitar feature.

          14 We're on Top of the World B Martin / P Coulter
          Optimistic pop vocal.

          Chris